Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! Brand new to the Victory world and this forum. Been riding for 15 years. Anyway, I'm wondering what octane you all use in your bikes. I've seen that they recommend premium fuel, but have you heard knocking when you've used less octane fuel?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did not have knocking. But I did not have as smooth a running engine and had less power. Got my Victory used. They said at the place I got it to use regular. I ran one tank of regular, it was ok. I ran one tank of Plus, it ran better. I put in a tank of premium and ran great. Like it was supposed to. I never looked back.
Vaquero

·
Registered
173 Posts
i can't tell the difference between 89 and 91 octane.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I find this to be an interesting topic. I personally own a Vegas 8-ball and I've run both regular and premium in my bike and really can't tell the difference. 99% of the time I will run the premium in mine. My father owns a Kingpin and swears that if he doesn't run premium his engine knocks and pings. I also talked with a gentleman a while back that owns a kingpin and he thought he was having engine trouble because of the low octane knock until his dealer suggested running the premium. He said he hasn't run anything but since and hasn't had the problem again. My 2 cents is.... for the extra $1.50 you would spend on a fill up, go with the premium.

·
Registered
18 Posts
For the 1 dolloar difference in price per tank, you should just run premium. It's a no-brainer. You have spent a lot of money on this bike, don't nickel and dime it on inexpensive items like oil, filter and gas. Especially if you are going to keep it for a while. I us premium, by the way. And you have to watch the percentae of ethanol in the gas you put in. Manual says no more then 15%.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts