Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i ask someone next time you go for a ride, even a short one, but i would think 20ish miles or so would do, to please touch your exhaust tips when you stop? My left side exhaust seems to be doing more exhausting(haha) then the right. I can hold my hand on the right tip but not the left side. Just wondering if i altered something to make it like this or if its just the way it is. thanks!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
13,038 Posts
Just ran to garage and right tip is hot left doesn't feel as hot.
why not start your bike and put your hand at end of exhaust and see what you feel. Maybe even hold a rag up to the tips and see if you can feel even pressure coming out of both

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Someone else who took apart their exhaust said there was some sort of 'deflector' which channels more exhaust to the left side...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just ran to garage and right tip is hot left doesn't feel as hot.
why not start your bike and put your hand at end of exhaust and see what you feel. Maybe even hold a rag up to the tips and see if you can feel even pressure coming out of both
Thanks, is your left and right as you are sitting on the bike? I have exhaust coming out both sides all the time but seems more comes out the left by the soot inside and the temps. And yes there is a deflector inside to channel to the left.

·
13,038 Posts
If there was a deflector he would of seen it when he took the cats out of the pipes I would think

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Left muffler flows more than the right, on all Cross bikes. Some will notice their left saddlebag being warmer, or the exhaust tips being hotter, or feel more exhaust gasses coming out of the left outlet. It's normal.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what i was wondering, my SS tips, well the left one blues where the right one does just slightly.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I noticed that on my xr a while back, the left flows a lot more exhaust than the right. you would think it would be the other way around since the pipes start on the right.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Just in front of the right side convertor there is a crossover/deflector tube that pretty much blocks the right side pipe. You cant see it unless you take the exhaust off or pull the cat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts