Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search first and found no similar problems, so I wonder if it's just me or if others just don't notice it.

Took a week long ride recently, and noticed that my mileage numbers weren't adding up to hubby's (2007 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado). At end of trip verified that my bike had added 2020 mi to odometer, hubby had added 2732 mi, and the google map distance showed as 2600 mi. Even accounting for fact we'd take his bike around town in evening to get dinner (that way I could have beer!), there's still at least a 600 mi difference between my bike and what I know for sure we covered, which is a 23% error. This also might be why my gas mileage never came out as high as I thought it should. Has anyone encountered this problem before? How do I fix it?

·
Registered
427 Posts
That's a pretty big error. Try seeing how it matches up aqgainst highway mile markers. It's a good sanity check.......

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have noticed an error too. My HB has come up with 5 to 10% less than my wife's Honda Shadow. Both have digital odometers. I honestly haven't given much thought though. I have seen a few posts about peoples speedometers being off, wonder if there's a connection.

·
Registered
545 Posts
That's a pretty big error. Try seeing how it matches up aqgainst highway mile markers. It's a good sanity check.......
Make it at least a ten mile measure... wheel size, speedo change out, pulley size, etc can all make a difference on the older 09 model bike. The 2012 should be right on... be sure you are running and measuring in miles instead of kilometers - factories have been known to put a kph instead of a mph speedo on a bike or two that found its way into the states.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts