Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was a bit suprised to have my stock battery already begin to give me a hard time but I guess the 30 degrees I have been riding in are finally taking its toll. Just for the batts history sake, its on a 2011 I just bought in October 2012 that was produced in lat 2010 then sat on the dealers floor until I bought it last year. It has always seemed slower turning over than my 04TC but I figured differnt starter. Last few days, bike wound up outside over night and barley started. Back in the garage it went pulling it out for my morning commutes. Since then, with temps in the mid 40s going home, if I try to restart shortly after shutting it off she really struggles. I am attributing this to riding 70 on the highway for 45 minutes or so and it cooling the batt back down eatting up its cranking amps. With all this said and having reviewed several battery threads I was about to push the button on the Odyssey PC545 for 112.00 with free shipping. THEN I read the specs.. I became a little concerned because amist all the rave reviews, no one stated the CCA were 150 (180 on other web). Here are the rest of the specs. I have no issue spending good money on a good battery but just got skiddish so thought I would get some input. Thanks!!!!
Odyssey PC5454 Specifications:
Pulse (5-second) Hot Cranking Amps (PHCA) 460
Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) 150
20Hr Nominal Capacity (Ah) 13
Reserve Capacity Minutes 18

·
Registered
608 Posts
It's a good battery. Those specs are better than most you will find.

I figure I will have to put an Odyssey in my 2013 XCT. I like to listen to the radio when washing or waxing ect and the oem battery has died after only 30 min with the stereo on. And you can't push start these bikes. You can't get them in second gear.

I read an article where a guy boosted a full sized v8 with a Odyssey motorcycle battery... That's damn good CCA

Check this site for adyssey...
http://www.gmanindustries.com/shop/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=39

http://http://www.gmanindustries.com/shop/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=39

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've had poor results with Odyssey batteries. I had one in my Indian Chief and it left me stranded. I had just installed the battery that week and rode to work. It was cold (mid 30's and dropped below freezing while at work) but when I went to start up the bike, no go. About four turns on the starter then nothing. While your results may vary, I'll not be investing my money in those again.

Ride safe.

·
13,263 Posts
Have you checked your battery cables to see if there tight. Put a wrench on them don't guess.
Buy a YUWAS and save some money and they last a long time

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Did you check all your connections? I put a charger pigtail on mine last week and found the battery bolts were no more then finger tight.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
257 Posts
I just bought one and installed for about a week now. Wow quick start. This thing fires up my motor at the same instant I push the button. So far no issues and it is smaller then OEM.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Ion- Lithium

Check out Ballistic and Shorai. These are new technology and are power houses. Pros = Ion Litium, lighter, and require no trickle charging for up to 1 yr.
Cons = $$$$$$$$$ :(

·
13,263 Posts
Did you check all your connections? I put a charger pigtail on mine last week and found the battery bolts were no more then finger tight.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Put 1/4" lock washers on esch terminal and cable will not come loose any more

1 - 8 of 8 Posts