Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone aware of a part number for the OEM cheese wedge badge (106)? The Polaris parts listing shows the plastic cheese wedge but not the badge.

I removed my ignition ket and want to cover the hole. I know I can get an after-market badge (and I like some of them out there), but I would prefer to have it match the stock right side.

·
13,251 Posts
it is this 7174703 you'll love this $40.99

look on ebay

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Holy crap! For that price, they can keep it!
I'd be better off getting a pair of custom ones for a bit more.

Thanks!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Holy crap! For that price, they can keep it!
I'd be better off getting a pair of custom ones for a bit more.

Thanks!
Barracuda Customs runs about $45....but that's each so if you want them to match your not looking at a little more....your looking at double.

·
Registered
659 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
12,320 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
You put the guard dawg system in correct? Any pics of how/where that mounts? What does it do? Ive never checked into it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I didn't take pix, but it was simple I mounted the actual unit to the back of the radio. It's about the size of jewelry box. The ignition switch comes completely out, and the plug connects to the unit

All told, it took me a couple hours including fairing removal.

Basically it allows me to keep my keys in my pocket. The bike will only energize if the key fob is in range (about 10 feet or so). The actual on/off is controlled by the run/stop switch.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Would you care to rethink that statement?:ltr:
first thread ive read in a while and there you are. havent been
keeping up. 10 degrees sat night. barracuda has very nice
badges. i bought the left one to match the right.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Basically it allows me to keep my keys in my pocket. The bike will only energize if the key fob is in range (about 10 feet or so). The actual on/off is controlled by the run/stop switch.
Does the fuel pump run and/or the headlights turn on when you get within 10' or so or is that all controlled when you turn on the kill switch now too?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
So its like the newer dodge cars? My wifes car doesnt use a key, just need the fob near it, good thing with it is you cant lock the keys in the car!

Would a right side cheese wedge mount on the left? Then you would eliminate the hole altogether.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does the fuel pump run and/or the headlights turn on when you get within 10' or so or is that all controlled when you turn on the kill switch now too?
It's all controlled by the kill switch. You can think of it as not allowing the kill switch to turn the bike on unless you are within 10' of it.

dtmmil said:
Would a right side cheese wedge mount on the left? Then you would eliminate the hole altogether.
Believe it or not, the right-side cheese wedge has the keyhole in it too; it's just covered by the badge. Left and right are even the same part number per Polaris' parts book (for the XC/T, anyway).

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Believe it or not, the right-side cheese wedge has the keyhole in it too; it's just covered by the badge. Left and right are even the same part number per Polaris' parts book (for the XC/T, anyway).
That is CHEESY!

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 18 of 18 Posts