Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what OEM brake pads are made of? Are they organic?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I recall reading somewhere they are "Metallorganic"...Whatever the f*ck that means.

·
Super Moderator
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So Semi-Metallic means the EBC HH will be OK with the roters. Hopefully.

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
I have 20K miles on EBC-HH front pads and see little wear on either pad or disc. Re the noise some complain about: I hear very little sound emitting from them. Not enough to bitch about.

·
Premium Member
13,276 Posts
Yep; HH is the way to go for our X bikes. I too like the EBC-HH pads. I have bought other brands too but if I have a choice without cost or other things like maybe selling the bike soon or something; EBC is the brand I personally like. Lyndall is good too though.

The organic will work but will wear out fast.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Noise is good.

Second set of EBC HH pads I have had on my bike. Stock ones on my 2011 XR did not do much to stop the bike, kind of felt wooden. The noise is not that bad, it is worth putting up with the noise for the extra stopping power. Road my son-in-laws Kawasaki ZX10R and the brakes up front make the same noise. By the way most of us on here seem to make our bikes noisier on purpose,ha, ha. Does seem weird at first the noise up front from the pads after the install, but it is not that bad.
thumb up

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Is it the same part number for the EBC HH? I found FA347HH as a front left. What about the front right? My OEM pads aren't worn out, but I'm just doing research for when I do where them out!

·
Super Moderator
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it the same part number for the EBC HH? I found FA347HH as a front left. What about the front right? My OEM pads aren't worn out, but I'm just doing research for when I do where them out!
FA347HH front X2 sets

FA196hh rear

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
In the summer of 2015, I replaced all pads on my XCT with Lyndall (sp?) gold pads, ordered from WitchDoctors: Brake Pads - Brake Pads & Accsy's - Cross Country, Magnum, Roads - VM - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory Motorcycle Parts . WD calls these "organic" (click on a front or rear link there).

I did a track day a month or so later on the XCT, and another one this past spring. So, I put the new pads to heavy use, and have been very pleased with them -- initial bite, and stopping power -- and would do it again, that sort of thing.

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
I prefer GG pads in the rear for better "feathering" for trail braking in the twisties and prevention of rear wheel lockup. I found HH in the reat to be too grabby.

·
13,026 Posts
Little tip for new pads. Lay a piece of sandpaper on a flat surface and run the new pads over the sandpaper a couple times. This will take the glaze off them and speed up the brake in for the pads

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
I prefer GG pads in the rear for better "feathering" for trail braking in the twisties and prevention of rear wheel lockup. I found HH in the reat to be too grabby.
GG?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,238 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
They have a gentler bite than HH.
So HH and GG are ratings for pads?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·