Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know why you can't use your stock fender with a 21" wheel? I would like to keep my stock fender plus it will save me some cash! I have the two tone custom paint see signature for exact color.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
good question!! im wondering if it can be modded a little to make it work, i have seen a couple with 19" front wheels, they do look nice also, and can keep stock brake parts and fender.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
13,040 Posts
so you have a 18" now and you want a 21" that would be 1 1/2"
so with a tape measure you could tell. You need to know how wide the 21" will be
call Coastal Victory they could tell you if fender will work and you can get wheel price

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so you have a 18" now and you want a 21" that would be 1 1/2"
so with a tape measure you could tell. You need to know how wide the 21" will be
call Coastal Victory they could tell you if fender will work and you can get wheel price
Thanks visionjohnny, I just talked to Josha @ CV, he said it can't be done.

·
Registered
504 Posts
"They" say it cant be done .... they always say that. Have you heard of 'fabrication'? not trying to be an ass or anything but all you have to do is lift it from the mounts a little bit.

First you have to get the wheel on and then fit the fender and see if the circumference of the fender is even close to the circumference of the wheel/tire combo?

Then just lift the fender off the wheel/tire by one or two different ways:

1) Pop out the mounting rivets and cut the mounting hole legs and add material to extend them all upwards. simple welding of some metal pieces in between. paint it and pop rivet it back together. (easy way)

2) Machine a billet aluminum extension piece that will give you the lift you need. (hard way)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"They" say it cant be done .... they always say that. Have you heard of 'fabrication'? not trying to be an ass or anything but all you have to do is lift it from the mounts a little bit.

First you have to get the wheel on and then fit the fender and see if the circumference of the fender is even close to the circumference of the wheel/tire combo?

Then just lift the fender off the wheel/tire by one or two different ways:

1) Pop out the mounting rivets and cut the mounting hole legs and add material to extend them all upwards. simple welding of some metal pieces in between. paint it and pop rivet it back together. (easy way)

2) Machine a billet aluminum extension piece that will give you the lift you need. (hard way)
ptc I'm sure it can fabricated, but not by me. I have neither of the tools to do this job properly or knowledge in painting, sheetmetal and welding to make this process happen. I really don't want to mess nothing up.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yea if youre looking for 'bolt-on' upgrades like that .... no it wont work. The VIC aftermarket hasnt yet caught up with all the things that can be done yet but they are closing in on alot of things.

There are other fenders out there, but not alot of choices, youre just gonna have to go with whatever is available and look like all the rest of the 21", 23", 26" upgrades going on out there all over the place now.

"Custom" (as I define it) means it is different from the rest, a custom bike doesnt just look like a clone of something else somebody else has already done... ;)

Good luck to you on your project! thumb up if ya need a 21" tire I have one avail.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
If you want something that resembles stock or has that unique look Klockworks or Kewl Metal is your best bet.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
he used it to space his stock vision fender up to clear the knobby front tire.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For the life of me I just can't figure out why no one has come out with some sort of adapter kit to do this other then to force you into a whole new finder then you have to get it painted:mad: I would luv to go to a 21" setup, but for $2500... I can't do it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you want something that resembles stock or has that unique look Klockworks or Kewl Metal is your best bet.
DirtyDan I Haven't checked with Klockworks but I can't get Kewlmetal to respond to any emails, I sent them an email on 10 Jun and have not gotten a reply, nor have a got the two products I ordered on the 8th & 10th Jun.:mad:

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
have you checked with ness to see if they make that set of mounts like the vision for the cross bikes?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dtmmil, I started at the dealer and the prts guy is real knowledgeable Arlen Ness was the first place he looked and several other venders.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts