Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having no luck with finding the three height for OEM CrossRoad shields . Anybody ? Know what they are? Mine [2012] is 24" [medium] ?........Thanks.

·
Registered
12,248 Posts
My 2010 medium height measures 20-1/2" from the headlight cutout to the top. Short and tall versions are -3" and +3".

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So then mine is a tall...going to a short would lose [approx] 6" Might be just what I'm looking for.........

Thank you.

·
Registered
12,248 Posts

·
Registered
12,248 Posts
So then mine is a tall...going to a short would lose [approx] 6" Might be just what I'm looking for.........
To help you decide what height you prefer, place a piece of tape horizontally across the w/s a bit below the top and ride. Is your line of sight above or below? Move the tape until the top of the tape is where you'd like the top of the w/s to be. That's the height! Hint: Fold the ends of the tape to make it easy to peel it off.
Editorial: If it were me, I'd draw a line with a Sharpie just above the trim line and cut along just beneath it slowly with a saber saw. File and sand the edge with sandpaper- using finer and finer grits. Beats the price of a new w/s. Capice?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I am running the OEM short windshield and it works great for me. My XR had the medium shield at the dealer ship but the top cut right at eye level. I am 6'1" tall but all legs with a short torso so the shorty does fine. I also like the looks of the shorter windshield.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To help you decide what height you prefer, place a piece of tape horizontally across the w/s a bit below the top and ride. Is your line of sight above or below? Move the tape until the top of the tape is where you'd like the top of the w/s to be. That's the height! Hint: Fold the ends of the tape to make it easy to peel it off.
Editorial: If it were me, I'd draw a line with a Sharpie just above the trim line and cut along just beneath it slowly with a saber saw. File and sand the edge with sandpaper- using finer and finer grits. Beats the price of a new w/s. Capice?

Al true but I'm looking to go tinted at the same time...So I might go with the Cee-Baiey short /dark. I just like a short shield in general, and as TNXR said I like the "look" of them also.

·
Registered
12,248 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I had forgot all about 7JuRock. Their prices are very reasonable! I may have to look into getting a tall windshield for any long trips on the interstate. Even though the shorty works for me, it doesn't for my better half on the interstate. Wind goes right over me at 75 mph but pushes against her pretty bad.

·
Registered
12,248 Posts
I have a medium for sale in the want ads. I'm 5'8", and when I used it the size was great for me.
Want ads? Huh? I looked everywhere there are things for sale with nada results. Why don't you just say what you want for it here and post a photo?

·
Registered
166 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts