Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here got experience with the Official Victory Stage 1 muffler (the one that looks like the OEM muffler, NOT the Tri-Oval)? Are they quieter than the Tri-Ovals? Does someone have any insight as to how they're made (are they different baffles, glass packs, etc)? I am looking for something with more sound than OEM and less than Tri Ovals, if that makes sense...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Mine came with the victory stage one muffler, not tri ovals. I thought they were the stock muffler until I got a set of stock mufflers to do a thrush mod on. The stage 1 has a straight opening thru them a lot like the thrush mufflers but are quitter. They seem to be louder than the stock mufflers, but it has been so long since I heard a stock bike hard to say for sure. I can send you pics of the stage one mufflers I have when I get home if you like.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be great. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
13,658 Posts
I had the stage 1 muffs on for a while. Still have them in case I want to go quieter at some point. As said, they are louder than stock, but quieter than the Tri-Oval and much quieter than the Thrush mod I'm running now. On long trips I should either wear ear plugs or change to the stage 1 muffs simply because the drone of the Thrush muffs can get kinda irritating over time. The last time I went on a long ride I just wore ear plugs most the trip because I was going to Sturgis. Yes; it has been a while. I didn't want to be in Sturgis with a stock sounding bike don'tcha know. It was fine. The ear plugs also help with wind noise which will also destroy our hearing over time.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info BBob. I now have heard from 2 folks that said pretty much the same thing. I might just invest in a set of these. I might sell my glass pack mufflers after all. :)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Thanks for the info BBob. I now have heard from 2 folks that said pretty much the same thing. I might just invest in a set of these. I might sell my glass pack mufflers after all. :)
I'l start shopping for you. LOL I picked up my OEM that I modified for like $60 or something. If I can run across ome on the cheap it may be worth paying freight. Here is a complete stage 1 kit.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a pair of modified OEM with glass packs, just trying to see if there is something a bit quieter available.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
LOL Yea I get that. I just was looking actually for something else. You just never know what your going to run across.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, after this whole discussion, I installed the glass packs tonight. I took my Vicbaggers tips off and put the OEM tips on. Maybe they won't reverberate as much. Might have a well used pair of Vicbaggers tips for sale soon...

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
You my friend have WAY to much time on your hands. LOl I like the tri-ovals because they look a little different and sound pretty nice. But man are folks proud of them. Those stage ones are the same way.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love the way the tri-ovals look but I don't really have the money for them right now...

·
Registered
238 Posts
I do wonder that if your bike has cams and has been dyno with the glass pack mod mufflers how it would affect the tune if swapped back to the S1?
Autotune :)

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I do happen to have the auto tune so that is one reason I have no reservations on just swapping pipes. I did manage to save a **** ton of maps so now I just have to build a maps for the glass packs and save them off.

So far, I have good maps for:
Stock pipes, Stock cams, Lloydz air filter, ATS +4
Stock pipes, S&S Cams, Lloydz air filter, ATS +4

Soon I'll have a good map for
Glass packs, S&S Cams, Lloydz air filter, ATS +4

·
13,188 Posts
Vic's web page chrome tri ovals are down to $400. Maybe Paulie can get then a little lower

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Vic's web page chrome tri ovals are down to $400. Maybe Paulie can get then a little lower
I've already got my quote from Paulie ;) . I also got a quote from him on the "normal" Stage-1 pipes too.
I just don't think I need to spend the money yet.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Post up you want stage one Mufflers in the for sale or wanted section. Somebody had them and changed them and will sell them to you cheap. That how I got mine and they are perfect for what I wanted. The tips can make a difference also. I had the Big Mouth exhaust tips and they muffled the sound more than the Round Arlen Ness Beveled ones I have on now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts