Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am bringing the bike to the shop today. I will be getting her tuned properly. My shade tree skills only go so far. The first dyno run will be with the Gen III VFC (my tuning skills) and the final will be with the Power Com. V (their skills). I am hoping to see a big difference. I think like in most cases it won't be as much of a difference as I was expecting, but at least I will have something to compare. Once I get it back I will scan the report and post on here for all to see.

On a side note rode 15 miles last night in a pouring rain, the no front fender might look cool (IMO) but it sucks on wet roads, lol

Dean

·
Registered
554 Posts
Lol, yeah looking cool sometimes has a price. Can you list what other mods you have in this thread so we can see what you have and what power you end up making?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sweet! Keep us posted. cheers

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who Knew

It turns out you can't tune a bike when it is raining. Forecast for 80% chance of rain for the next two days. So I just left my bike there. Perhaps this guy is the real deal, he had all kinds of race bikes in there and was tuning on a super charged one when I rolled up, said he was trying to beat the rain. I will keep eveyone posted. Looks like thursday at the earliest.:mad: I would rather have it done right than have a half ass job, besides wife has two days worth of honey do's waiting. My brother and I are taking both my bikes to the tail of the dragon the first weekend in Aug, so I can't wait.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Back From The Dyno

Good News and Bad News,
I got my highball back today. Good news is it runs really well. Is it better with the Power Commander 5 verses the Gen III VFC well thats where the bad news comes in. I had promsed a run with each. Unfortunately while waiting out the two day rain delay the guy went ahead and swapped the two units out in order to save time. What I have on paper is the first run with the PC5 without any tuning and the 2nd run is the final tune

Only Mods are
Cobra 2 into 1 exhaust
Loydz Torque Tubes & K&N Air Filters
Stage 1 Reflash when first got the exhaust.
Power Commander 5

Max Power 84.41
Max Torque 102.08

Like I predicted it does feel somewhat stronger/quicker, but IMO hard to say how much without that first run (dangit) There is no cutting out, missing, or popping on decel. It pulls hard thru all 6 gears. I am happy camper http://s196.photobucket.com/user/captnubby/media/Snapbucket/789290D7-orig.jpg.html]
[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts