Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The TC, as purchased, was too loud for my tastes. So, I swapped out the Stage 1 mufflers for stock and did likewise with the K&N air filter. Offering the set for $150 plus postage. Let me know if any interest.

Thanks!
DW

·
Registered
122 Posts
I may be interested. It would be nice if my TC had a little more sound. How loud was too loud for you? I'm not a fan of ear splitting volume.

Do these mufflers include the chrome covers or just the muffler can? Condition, how many miles, etc.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mark: The mufflers do, in fact, produce a nice growl at idle and low speed cruising. And they bark under acceleration and load. They are louder than stock, but not actually obnoxious. The reason I changed them over is due to the fact that I spent a bit of money on a sound system and amplified speakers ( gotta have that road music!) and I didn't see the wisdom in having to fight the mufflers to hear the tunes.

The mufflers are just the mufflers. They're fine. No dents, tears, holes or other mishaps. They fit inside the chrome surrounds already on the TC. In fact, the only difference I can discern between the two is that the outlet diameter on the Stage 1 appears to be about 1/2" larger.

I'll say this: The Stage 1 and the K&N filter most assuredly breathes better, and gives a bit more life to the motor....at least according to the "butt dyno."

Let me know if interested. Or make me an offer that's not too insulting.

DW

·
Registered
122 Posts
Dragonwing, do you know if I would need to reflash the ECM if I made the change? I have never paid much attention to the details of all the "stage" stuff.

If you have any guess about shipping cost, I will discuss with my wife and riding partner (same person;)). I know she would also like a little more rumble but we also like to talk without screaming.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to my tech, no reflash is required when adding these mufflers and the filter, just as none was required going back to stock. In terms of shipping cost, give me your ZIP code code and I'll tell you exactly.....though most likely tomorrow afternoon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts