Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the 600 mile change done by dealer and he used Vic oil bike has now done 1300 miles and I change to full syn at around that time then change every 2000 miles I wanted to use the best oil and that has to be Ams unless the Ams people are the biggest liars in the industry and if they did,nt have the lab tests to back up their claims the other companies would be litigating their arses off in court so the Ams went in with a new Vic filter and a dimples magnetic drain plug and it was the easiest change ever.
Now I am surprised when I read about Vics having noisy top ends and clunky gear shifts as mine is mechanically quiet and shifts like a sports bike and as for smoothness it stands comparisom with a 1300 pan euro I owned.
After the change I took it for a ride and could not hear or feel a gnats cock of difference and after 44 years riding bikes I have a fair sense of mechanical sensitivity so in future I will just ride into the Vic dealer and let him get his hands dirty.
No clutch slip no surprise as I once used Ams in a Suzuki M109r and that had monster shunt and the clutch worked fine.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
85 Posts
You are very fortunate to have a quiet shifting bike. Mine clunks like a Peterbuilt. I switched to Amsoil also and it did quiet it some, but it's still gear driven. I'm used to it now and adjusted my riding style so I don't even notice it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
clunks

You are very fortunate to have a quiet shifting bike. Mine clunks like a Peterbuilt. I switched to Amsoil also and it did quiet it some, but it's still gear driven. I'm used to it now and adjusted my riding style so I don't even notice it.
Surprised to hear this mine clunks into first like every other modern bike but then shifts up and down like a sports bike cannot fault it in fact I can,t fault this bike at all really :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excessive

Vic recommends oil changes every 5k miles you are throwing your money away by changing every 2k.cheers
I know and my friends tell me I am stupid but when I like a bike I tend to over maintain it and I really like this bike so happily spend the money on it my friends will go two years without an oil change and to me that's really stupid :crzy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts