Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last Friday I stopped at a small coffee shop in Blaine, WA to wait until my Nexus appointment time. There were a couple Harley riders there. Nice guys, we chatted bikes and trips as we stood outside in front of the bikes. One guy was riding a new Electra Glide, the other a few years older Road Glide.

An older couple (looked to be in their 70's) came out and were oogling my ride, exclaiming "what a beautiful motorcycle" and went on to ask questions about it such as "what kind, who makes it, etc".

The old lady then asked me "and what kind of bike is that?" pointing to the new EG ... I said "that's a Harley". Both her and her husband simply said "oh...", wished me a safe ride and went on their way.

Practically every day I am out riding and stopped somewhere, sombody comes over and admires my scoot. I have never experienced so much of this with any other bike. Even these two Harley riders were oogling it and asking all kinds of questions.

LUV IT !!

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have gotten more compliments on my Vics since I got my first in Oct of last year than I got on the 6 Harleys I owned in the last 10 years. 3 of the HDs were chromed out to the limit! That is no BS! I cannot buy gasoline on the XR without somebody saying something. thumb up

·
Registered
91 Posts
Had many long looks, compliments and stares while on my trip last week. People just look and admire it saying "nice ride" and such. Nice to hear.

I think the deal is that the bikes are tastefully decked out and not overdone. Nothing against those who like that style but the factory does a good job of balancing the bling and the go. As well as designing lines that both pull you in and have you looking over the entire machine. Not just staring at a chromed motor.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea my vic and triumph garnered more attention in a day than my harley did in the last year and a half i owned it
the reason is Harleys are like people from a certain foreign land... they all seem to look alike and there's so many of them LOL

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Humans instinctively love stuff that's new and fresh. Victory compared to harleys they've been stairing at since their major resurgence in the 80's are not that. Victory on the other hand is something entirely different yet distinctively V-twin cruiser. When people see my humble little high-ball, they flip out. Can't blame 'em, I still do as well. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I own a 2013 CCT in boardwalk blue. There isn't a day where I don't get compliments. I get thumbs up, stares, and smiles at every stop light, especially when I play the radio at a certain volume level. This is a great bike, and I love the attention....Sometimes....I live and ride in NYC, and there are times I can see from the corner of my eye, tourist taking my picture on my bike. I don't mind it, I feel like a celebrity sometimes. I can't wait to give it a few visual upgrades.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also bought my bike from Minneola. Small world. I had to wait 2 weeks before picking up the bike because the dealership didn't have boardwalk blue in their showroom. I like riding in NYC because your riding skills are tested every single time. After awhile you learn how to avoid dangerous situations, like taxies and pedestrians getting in the way.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've had my Cross Roads going on 5 months now and while it does get compliments I have to say that my Harley Road King got more compliments. I don't ride a bike for attention though so it doesn't matter to me either way.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I also bought my bike from Minneola. Small world. I had to wait 2 weeks before picking up the bike because the dealership didn't have boardwalk blue in their showroom. I like riding in NYC because your riding skills are tested every single time. After awhile you learn how to avoid dangerous situations, like taxies and pedestrians getting in the way.
yea ill stick with jersey back roads, i ride to relax and/or get places lol they had a left over 12 cct when the 13s started coming in so i got mine in back since i knew i was repainting it anyway

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got me jonsing...

I'll have my first ever victory XC in a short week or so. i am so chomping at the bit because i have been watching them for over a year. I love the look, the style, the sexiness in general of the design. I get a lot of compliments on my vtx 1800...but i can just imagine what will happen when seduction gets home..

Teri/Jade and my soon to be girl Seduction

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great name for a XC... ive named every darn bike ive had..lol..my current 1800 is my B5 vitamin.. shes a blue beast, so the b5 means Big, Bad, Blue, Beasty Bitch... and now my xc will be my seduction..
:D

Love my CC, named her Scarlett

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think this could be a common occurance for any Vic owners. I've had my Vegas 8 Ball for just over a week and so far I've had a random guy stop me in the supermarket because he saw my bike in the car park and wanted to talk to me about it, I've came out of the shops to find three guys checking the bike out and wanting to talk to me (one of them wanted to hear it running), a parking warden left a note on the bike saying it was beautiful and a guy who served me in a store came out with me to hear the bike going. I've even had Harley riders give me the thumbs up when I've been riding (normally they ignore me). I'm getting a crazy amount of attention which is great but a little off-putting as well. I've been riding for years and didn't really expect this whole "instant streed cred" thing. I just wanted to ride a great bike.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Was at a Harley Dealership with a friend last week. Stopped to check on some service for his bike. I was checking out the eye candy in the showroom when one of the sales guys came over and asked me how I liked my Victory. He must have seen us ride up. We chatted for a while, and he was a genuine motorcycle guy.....not just a Harley salesman. We talked about bikes, what we liked and didn't like. This bike has started a lot of conversation wherever I go. Rest stops, gas stations, restaurants....and now even a Harley dealership. Every now an then I do still get the obvious ignore from the hard core HDers.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Vic's are for the performance enthused cruiser fans. Some do but some don't speak the language. And some others can't help but gawk. I find myself stepping back and watching people at bike nights walk around my high-ball and point at it and nodding their heads in approval. Exposure is the key. To my knowledge I'm very possibly the only high-ball in town.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts