1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Were you planning a wedding with your boyfriend? :ltr:cheers

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
You are OK aren't you? Did you have to shoot it?

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
The sign says "TOP" not "STOP" perhaps you should have kept going..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This was a curve, 10 mph, I looked away, one split second, no time to react, I'm going down and attempting to catch the bike. I did a pretty good job! Right foot is stuck under seat and I can't pull it out. I stop, catch my breath, relax, and push against the seat with my left foot.

This bike is heavy and because of the slight incline, I can't lift it even backing up to it. I figure someone will stop and a nice young man does so and helps me lift it. I even offer to pay him.

I was very fortunate in that I was not hurt at all and only have a scratch on pipe, mirror, and nasty chip on the tank.

Do you think I could get this spot touched up or patched somehow? I have a friend that does excellent paint and body work on cars.

7E701ACF-466C-4804-AEDB-F5CF5D54CB2A.jpg

·
Registered
784 Posts
That there is a decent size blemish. If you can get the correctly matching paint, and your paint hasn't faded over time, it is possible with a really good painter. IMHO, it looks like the top of the tank will need painting at the very least. The location will also make it difficult.

Glad you survived unscathed. Engine guards are a nice addition to any bike. A little late, but just saying.

Good Luck.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Glad you didn't get hurt buddy!!!

No one here has ever done that......more than once. :rolleyes:

I laid mine over on an incline right in front of my Victory riders group. Had an audience.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Glad you are OK Dill.
It's just a bike. Sooner or later they all fall down. It won't be your last time unfortunately. After the first ding the rest don't hurt as much.

The OL and I have taken turns dropping ours. +1 on crash bars.
That was the first accessory we added to our 8 balls. We've been taking turns dropping bikes for years :ltr:

I'd take it by your friend. See what he says. I'd use a red paint pen or magic marker on it till you can get it touched up or repainted.
It won't look any better up close but from 50 ft or 30mph it will be invisible.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I'm sorry this happened to you Dill , glad you came out unscathed . +1 on the engine guards .

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
every year its not if, its when a time or 2. thats why
my wife is almost always along.

·
Registered
781 Posts
That almost looks like the end of a driveway covered with a layer of wet muddy film and leaves. That's a tough task for any knobby tire- nevermind a street tire. The stop sign is like 3 feet high total?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Glad you're OK, let's hope that's the worse fall you ever see

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys for the concern. I was embarrassed. Still am!

My buddy said he can fix the tank. I'm still mad at myself because I know better.

I just couldn't grab control fast enough. Tire hit that wet dirt and boom.

As much as I ride, I expect there will be challenges. One split second and it can all change. Six inches in the wrong direction can ruin your day.

I am happy I got to wake up in my bed and not in a hospital.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thanks guys for the concern. I was embarrassed. Still am!

My buddy said he can fix the tank. I'm still mad at myself because I know better.

I just couldn't grab control fast enough. Tire hit that wet dirt and boom.

As much as I ride, I expect there will be challenges. One split second and it can all change. Six inches in the wrong direction can ruin your day.

I am happy I got to wake up in my bed and not in a hospital.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
And an inch up or down(depending on position) can really ruin your girlfriend/wife’s night. :ltr: Glad you’re all right man. cheers

1 - 20 of 39 Posts