Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gents, what are you using if you don't want to wait for amsoil? I considered it , but would rather my oil be more easily accessed. I can't seem to find a distributor in Southeastern MA. Do I just use Vic oil or could I use a "Royal Purple" for bikes? I've got the lifter tick and would like to quiet it down a bit. I've had the bike 3 weeks now 13k on it...rides good, looks great..just lifter tick. lol

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 and a Wix 51356 filter . Please , not another oil thread .......:crzy:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Better yet do a sticky on one of the oil threads.

·
Registered
889 Posts
It might be easier to direct people to the bazillion posts on the matter but the opening questions would still keep coming. To people not familiar with internet intricacies the Search bar here may appear to be one for Google rather than for this forum. Making it bigger with an effective title might help.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Please stop guys .... Let this one disappear .:soapbox:

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
There's an oil section this is the Hammer section if you look in the oil section you will have 37 days 16 hours 29 minutes 12 seconds of reading.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
Ladies and Gents, what are you using if you don't want to wait for amsoil? I considered it , but would rather my oil be more easily accessed. I can't seem to find a distributor in Southeastern MA. Do I just use Vic oil or could I use a "Royal Purple" for bikes? I've got the lifter tick and would like to quiet it down a bit. I've had the bike 3 weeks now 13k on it...rides good, looks great..just lifter tick. lol
Last time I ordered Amsoil; it was at my door in two days. Not sure how long you are willing to wait. I imagine you could plan ahead just a little and have it there long before you drain your oil.

Royal Purple and Redline are both excellent choices.

Check your Walmart to see if they are stocking the Rotella T6 in the weight you need if you plan on changing oil every 2500-3000 miles.

We really could use a separate section dedicated to oil. It's easily the most asked question on all bike and car forums.

·
12,983 Posts
I suggest you wait till you get 2500 miles on motor before going to Amsoil.
Go on the net and look up who sells Amsoil in your town you might find 6 or more guys.
Amsoil or any other oil will not quite your lifter its just the way the vic motor is

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I change my oil every 3000 to 3500 miles .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I NEVER over tighten my drain plug ....

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Last time I ordered Amsoil; it was at my door in two days. Not sure how long you are willing to wait. I imagine you could plan ahead just a little and have it there long before you drain your oil.

Royal Purple and Redline are both excellent choices.

Check your Walmart to see if they are stocking the Rotella T6 in the weight you need if you plan on changing oil every 2500-3000 miles.

We really could use a separate section dedicated to oil. It's easily the most asked question on all bike and car forums.

Welll aaa click

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
When I change my oil , I never overfill .....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts