Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title says; talking about oil, WITH FACTS AND PROOF ...

Oil Analysis tread, doesn't matter what oil as long as you have a analysis done or want to talk about it ?

For a few months now I was trying to find a way how to upload a 31 Kb PDF file, no luck whatsoever, and get this message from the forum

Your file of 27.2 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB for this filetype.
UNQUOTE

Soo Bbob gave me the link to a SHARE files and did that ... works great actually ?? I'm not a fan of putting files like this, but what the heck, times change, change is good ... :nerd

Please check if you can open it ??
"" OIL batch (16519 Km) 20150411 kb2 ""

Let me know what you think about Oil Analise or do you have one to share ???

·
Premium Member
13,003 Posts
I was able to go right to the link and download the file. Maybe it's because I have a Mediafire account; not sure if one is needed.

About the file; I'm not sure what I'm supposed to look for. What is this test telling us Andre?

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It says invalid file for me
Sorry I don't know how to fix that ... maybe someone has a better idea ?? How to upload PDF files of 31 or 29 kB only ??

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to go right to the link and download the file. Maybe it's because I have a Mediafire account; not sure if one is needed.

About the file; I'm not sure what I'm supposed to look for. What is this test telling us Andre?
This test is showing that ( only in my case ) I CANNOT have more the 6500 Km in stead of the recommended 8000 Km on Victory Oil ... I have decided to change my Vic oil every 6000 Km from now on .... not 8000 Km

The best part of the report is the " smiley face " so reading the numbers is not easy but that smiley face does wonders on a report...

OK there are no highways here, small island, FAST riding, constantly shifting gears ... even when slow riding .... can't remember ever being in the same gear more then 20 minutes...

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It says invalid file for me
I just tested it on my phone and could download the PDF ... that is good right?

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
13,003 Posts
Cool. For us stateside folks; 6000 km is 3728 miles and 8000 km is 4970 miles.

Yeah, I agree, it really makes a big difference in the environment you ride. Long slab rides are no where near as hard on an engine as spirited mountain twisty riding with all the shifting and change in rpm/speed.

·
Premium Member
13,003 Posts
I just tested it on my phone and could download the PDF ... that is good right?
Yeah; that's good for sure. Maybe the other person just got a bad connection or something. We will know more as soon as others chime in.

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool. For us stateside folks; 6000 km is 3728 miles and 8000 km is 4970 miles.

Yeah, I agree, it really makes a big difference in the environment you ride. Long slab rides are no where near as hard on an engine as spirited mountain twisty riding with all the shifting and change in rpm/speed.
Yeah even if we ride in convoy or groups with low / slow RPM then still it is constantly shifting... indo island riding as a bit different than your roads... you could compare it to a go-gart-track ... ha ha ha

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
Yeah; that's good for sure. Maybe the other person just got a bad connection or something. We will know more as soon as others chime in.
well it looked like it was gonna work but then it came up DOWNLOAD FAILED.
don't really matter to me I just change my oil, never heard of anyone here getting oil analyzed...whats it cost?
probably almost as much as a bottle of oil:|

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well it looked like it was gonna work but then it came up DOWNLOAD FAILED.
don't really matter to me I just change my oil, never heard of anyone here getting oil analyzed...whats it cost?
probably almost as much as a bottle of oil:|
I think the cost is 10 U$D

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
It looks like you need an account..Andre PM coming...I'll have you email the file to me. I'll work it up.

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It looks like you need an account..Andre PM coming...I'll have you email the file to me. I'll work it up.
SUPER ... thanks mate ... send by Email ... :angel

·
Premium Member
430 Posts

I just took pic, blew it up and saved in my Smugmug account.

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is perfect thank you Jamming

Now you can see 4 colons with numbers, every colon is a previous oil analysis... so let's only look at the right-side colon ... this is the last oil analysis I did ...

On the bottom of the page in the fourth colon you can see a orange number... this means "be careful" ... only after 6375 Km, if the numbers would be RED then there's a problem grrrr

So I figured out by doing oil analysis that I can only run Vic oil for 6500 Km as a maximum, but NOT 8000 Km as per manual...

Any thoughts???

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
Here are three lab tests from my 2004 Vegas using Rotella oil.

First change at around 3000 miles on the oil with Rotella T 15W-40

Second change with 5000 miles on the oil with 4qts Rotella T 15W40 and 2qts Rotella T6 synthetic.
This change went through the 110+ Phoenix temperatures.

Third change with 5,125 miles on the oil with Rotella T6.
This change had a bad throttle positioning sensor that dumped gas
and I didn't know it until a friend said he could smell gas when I accelerated.

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
2015 Victory Cross Country oil has 6595 miles on it. Tested good.
Rotella T5 15w-40

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Whoaw vindex your Vegas engine is looking good inside... amazing you can do so many miles between oil changes.... it took me a while understanding most of it... but slower scrolling over the pages I got the system of that oil analysis company...

Your CC is still not run-in, yeah can clearly see, a few more oil changes and your there, ha ha

Thank you for posting this vindex
It seems to me that VIC oil is inferior to SHELL .... especially with the temperature vs humidity here ...

So this tells me I "should" change the oil I use ---+ grrrrr

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
"Oils ain't Oils" as the old Castrol ad used to say.

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
Whoaw vindex your Vegas engine is looking good inside... amazing you can do so many miles between oil changes.... it took me a while understanding most of it... but slower scrolling over the pages I got the system of that oil analysis company...

Your CC is still not run-in, yeah can clearly see, a few more oil changes and your there, ha ha

Thank you for posting this vindex
It seems to me that VIC oil is inferior to SHELL .... especially with the temperature vs humidity here ...

So this tells me I "should" change the oil I use ---+ grrrrr

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk
Name brand+wet clutch compatible=good to go

1 - 20 of 66 Posts