Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, so just got back from a three day trip to Mt. Washington and back on the Cross Roads and let me just say it was gorgeous! Unfortunatley coming back friday I decided to take Rt. 16 and missed my turn to head to Laconia. Been there plenty of times before and quite honestly did not miss Harley central.

Anyway, back to the whole reason for the post. Anyone ever experience oil blow by? I didn't see any signs of oil on the pipes or engine or anything, but I did notice my pant leg had what looked like an oil stain. It could have been there prior to riding but it was just concerning. :confused:

I mantained a speed of 65-70 with the cruise on and off on occasion, but just figured I'd check. Didn't notice the stain get any larger on the way back yesterday and the oil level was fine when i checked it before leaving and got home but again, being new to the Victory's I figured I ask. Any thougts would be helpful

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have not noticed any issues like that with my XC.

I suspect you were riding behind some harleys:D

·
Registered
12,248 Posts
On your next ride, wear pants that you know are clean. You didn't mention seeing oil on your engine. I once had an oil leak on a Yamaha Venture after it was serviced. Turned out the mech didn't seat a cam cover gasket correctly. Also, I have been hit by goop (especially from Diesels) coming out of side exiting exhaust pipes when the light turned green.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
By any chance have you changed your own oil on this bike?

I ask because people in the past have missed the oil checking portion of their owners manual and overfilled their oil. If you use an entire Victory oil change kit you will overfill your oil. If you don't check your oil correctly and add oil or check level during oil change you will over fill your oil.

If your high level is too high oil the excess may blow out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Come to think of it I did at one point ride with some Harleys... but had to pass them cause they were just too slow :ltr:

Fork legs look fine. What should i be looking for? Just washed the bike down today and didn't notice any leaking.

The victory dealer changed the oil at 500 miles. about 2 weeks ago. It's at just under 2000 now. I'd assume they know what they are doing, but then again.... you never know. I was talkin to my buddy who rode a street glide for some time with a blow by issue. Told me it usually gets all over the pipes etc. That wasn't the case, just the pants. I'll be going out for a couple hundred miles tomorrow so i'll make sure there's no existing stains before we take off and let you know what's up.

·
Registered
289 Posts
howdy

nothing like that at this end (moving into 12k)....sounds like a bug...maybe jumped off the hds...or a road splash from their scat...perhaps the leg-diaper thing would tell...

and as a bit of humor...as i suspect your vic is as peachy as mine is....

last week or so, i was rolling by a "bar" out towards the desert-park run i like to do...mostly always hds lined up n various numbers...this time there was one with a for sale sign...on a trailer...all ready to go...i chuckled a bit at this...i see lots of hds of course .... and always chuckle when i see them on trailers...which is quite often...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts