Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so being a man I won't ask for directions or read the instructions but maybe this time I should have!!! HAHA I think I took to much of the bike apart to change the oil?? :ltr:

I'm trying to get ready for Daytona Bike week so doing a repaint and powder coat..I have decided to go with a Color Called ROOT BEER so it should be interesting to see if I made the right choice..

Oh Taking it apart was fun!!! But dang I hate putting them back together I always have tons of parts left over..thumb up

Brian
cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Yikes! :crzy:

:D

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Ok so being a man I won't ask for directions or read the instructions but maybe this time I should have!!! HAHA I think I took to much of the bike apart to change the oil?? :ltr:

I'm trying to get ready for Daytona Bike week so doing a repaint and powder coat..I have decided to go with a Color Called ROOT BEER so it should be interesting to see if I made the right choice..

Oh Taking it apart was fun!!! But dang I hate putting them back together I always have tons of parts left over..thumb up

Brian
cheers
Dummy, you have to take the wheels off too, to get to the oil filter!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The only other option to change the oil requires two overhead hoists and the steps below.

1. Lift it up with the front wheel until the back wheel is about 1' of the ground. 2. Attach the 2nd hoist to the rear wheel and lift it until the bike is upside down. 3. Remove the dip stick and let the oil drain from the fill hole.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I thought I was the only one who did oil changes this way, I even had to buy a bigger garage to do so. The key is keeping it running to make sure the oil stays warm.

The only other option to change the oil requires two overhead hoists and the steps below.

1. Lift it up with the front wheel until the back wheel is about 1' of the ground. 2. Attach the 2nd hoist to the rear wheel and lift it until the bike is upside down. 3. Remove the dip stick and let the oil drain from the fill hole.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ammo dang good idea but just took the front wheel off. Dang should have thought of that earlier

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Feed a man a fish and he'll have a meal--give him a set of tools.....:)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it!!!!

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Not if you turn the motorcycle upside-down so it's resting on the handlebars and seat like working on a bicycle. :crzy:
Funny , thats how I change my tires and adjust the belt.:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Don't forget to pack up the spares to pawn at Daytona for beers cheers

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Yeah I always liked to drain mine through the primary cover also.. Used to just lay it over and let r run out the derby cover. :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I'm going to crack the cases to make sure I get ALL the oil..I hate when there is just a little left in there.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
OK. So awhile back Pop made some reference that was sarcastic and it ruffled a few feathers..
So let me say the following in all sincerity.
To those of you reading this and considering what kind of hoists or how to hang them or how to attach them to your bike so that when it flips over the chrome don't get scratched, believe me it takes years to get the technique down. Leave it to the pros. Ever wonder why customers aren't allowed back in the bays? You get yourself into a dance with a half ton motorcycle doing somersaults and you'll know the reason why. By the way, if you have one oof them WD two piece oil sticks you need a comalong too.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I thought I was the only one who did oil changes this way, I even had to buy a bigger garage to do so. The key is keeping it running to make sure the oil stays warm.
me too, but it took me a couple of times to remember to keep the garage door open too when i started the process...
:ltr:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
And all this time I've been disconnecting the oil cooler and letting it run until the oil stops coming out .....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts