Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased the Victory Oil kit and changed the oil last night on my 2014 Jackpot. I noticed that along with the washer for the oil drain plug there were two other bags containing O-rings. A Google search revealed they are the O-rings for the transmission drain plug. Here's the site that shows it:
http://www.2wheelpros.com/oem-parts/victory-o-ring-21-95x1-778-0600083-5412020-part.html

Being that the kit provides these washers, are you suppose to remove that drain plug too when doing the oil? The owners manual only says to remove the oil drain plug, and of course the filter. No mention is made of the transmission drain plug.

So, WTF?

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Dude, there is no "transmission" drain plug. Vics are like Jap bikes where the oil is for the engine and tranny. My oil change kit came with an O-ring for the oil dipstick and a couple of different washers based on if you got the 100 or 106 engine.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I thought it strange that the OEM site mentions a transmission drain plug as I knew that the tranny was basically part of the engine. However, I figured too that it wouldn't mean they couldn't have a drain plug located in that area of the motor. Just noticed that the OEM site I looked at says "2001 Victory DELUXE CRUISER (V01CD15CC)". So perhaps the older Victories had this other drain plug? Figured Victory must have included these O-rings for a reason.

·
13,247 Posts
The oil kit is for other Polaris models.
You want the copper washer for your drain plug and the rest of the stuff throw in a drawer

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
do yourself + your bike a favor next change, put in Amsoil from our sponsor at a similar cost. a modern V-twin as our Vics deserve modern REAL synthetic oil!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
do yourself + your bike a favor next change, put in Amsoil from our sponsor at a similar cost. a modern V-twin as our Vics deserve modern REAL synthetic oil!!!

My X-wife had REAL modern synthetic breasts and they also sucked the $$$ out of my pocket.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Dude, there is no "transmission" drain plug. Vics are like Jap bikes where the oil is for the engine and tranny. My oil change kit came with an O-ring for the oil dipstick and a couple of different washers based on if you got the 100 or 106 engine.
Don't be a jack-ass to him, when I first bought my 2 stroke Lawn-Boy I spent quite a bit of time looking for the drainplug so that I could change the oil after breaking it in.
When I couldn't find it, I went to the dealer where I bought it looking for an oil change kit and to ask where the drainplug was:D

·
Registered
851 Posts
Don't be a jack-ass to him, when I first bought my 2 stroke Lawn-Boy I spent quite a bit of time looking for the drainplug so that I could change the oil after breaking it in.
When I couldn't find it, I went to the dealer where I bought it looking for an oil change kit and to ask where the drainplug was:D
What part of TNXR's post do you think he was being a jack-ass???

He simply told him there isn't a transmission o-ring and the reason why there are more parts in the box than what he needs. Nothing "jack-assed" about that.

·
13,247 Posts
don't use any synthetic oil till your motor is broke in. Your valves and rings and other parts have to seat in first.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
is real synthetic like natural synthetic?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts