Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get yelled at, I'm on my phone right now and the search function doesn't work, so I want to ask. I'm doin my oil change soon, and i need the amount and type of oil. I can't remember from my last Vic and i don't have an owners manual. Thanks

·
13,239 Posts
Maybe you can go to your dealer and he will set you up with oil filter and a manual

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a filter, and my nearest dealer is 40 miles away... I just need to know the quantity and type. I seem to remember 5 quarts of 20-40 semi synth... but its been 7 years.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Some of the older bikes took 6 quarts.

My XC takes 4.5

It depends on what year your bike is and I don't know when the change happened. I'd verify with a dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2001 V92C Deluxe. It takes 6 qts.semi-synthetic of 20w50. Only place I had been able to find it was a Victory dealer. Four years ago I switched to Amsoil 20w50 full synthetic. It did wonders for the bike. It quiets some engine noise and you can extend the time between oil changes. Ride safe.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Part of the reason you may have a problem finding 20W-40 "Semi-Syn" is that you are looking for that exact Viscosity and the words "Semi-Syn".

The fact is that Polaris is using an old marketing ploy with 20W-40 so you are forced to go back to the OEM... A high quality 10W-40 will actually give you better lubrication at start-up and is still a 40 wgt at operating temp.

Along the lines, "Semi-Syn" would be the same as most oils "Full" or "Fully Synthetic". Those words mean that the oil is a Hydrocracked oil usually mixed with a petroleum and/or they have less than 30% Synthetic base stock.

Here is what you need: API SG or SG/SH. A higher API such as SH,SL, SJ, SM May be used but must then carry the JASO MA or, better yet, JASO MA 2.

If the oil has those Ratings, it meets the Minimum OEM recommendations although, I always recommend a Motorcycle Specific oil.

Oil, is the Lifeblood of your engine. The oil filter, is the Kidney that keeps it clean.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts