Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just changed my oil and went to Mobil ! V-Twin on my XCT. Boy what a differance quiet and doesnt sound like someone is taking a hammer to it when changing gears.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Let us know how the clutch responds. Whether it slips or not.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oil change

Have over a hundred miles on it and no problems. No slippage nothing. Great so far and if anything differs will let you know.

·
Registered
931 Posts
What was the price compared
to vic oil kit

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
931 Posts
Well since it's time for oil change, getting harder to shift I'm gonna try something full synthetic. 1st gonna check is can get amsoil at cost if not then mobile 1. I would rottela syn but that made my yamaha very noisy

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oil chg

Thought about Ams Oil but wanted something I could get right now if needed and didnt want the expen. of having to order extra to have on hand in case I forgot and need to change oil. Also on the road I dont like to mix different types of oil should I need to add.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Follow up

Well just wanted to due the follow up I said I would. Nothing to report all ig great and running well so that will be all.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I changed my oil at 10,000 mile after 5,000 using the Vic oil and noticed that the shifting and transmission were much better. I guess dirty oil really gets to these machines. Great Bike.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I changed my oil at 10,000 mile after 5,000 using the Vic oil and noticed that the shifting and transmission were much better. I guess dirty oil really gets to these machines. Great Bike.
I just had my 500 mile service done and now have about 1000 miles on my bike. I'm thinking about draining the oil and installing the magnetic drain plug I purchased from Witchdoctors and then dumping the oil back in.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've been running Mobil 1 in my Vic's for 7 years now. I used to use the motorcyle specific 10W40 now my last several oil changes I've been using the Mobil 1 5W40 Turbo Diesel oil and it's been working good. I can buy that right at my local auto parts store just blocks up the street.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just had my 500 mile service done and now have about 1000 miles on my bike. I'm thinking about draining the oil and installing the magnetic drain plug I purchased from Witchdoctors and then dumping the oil back in.
Do it with the engine & oil is cold and I bet you'll lose less than a tablespoom of oil if you're quick.thumb up

·
Registered
530 Posts
Do it with the engine & oil is cold and I bet you'll lose less than a tablespoom of oil if you're quick.thumb up
Good tip, that was my plan. But whatever comes out will go right back in. I just hope that the magnetic drain plug works as well as it seems like it would.

I will be doing this tomorrow.

I only have that to do and am waiting for my Arlen Ness chrome license plate, a Utopia drivers back rest, (ordering Monday), for this years mods and then it's picture time.

If I can sell my Baja off, there will be more mods to come, LOL!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts