Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help me out? I have a xct 2012. I'm changing my oil & found two washers for the filter. One rubber & one metal. What goes on the shaft first?

·
Registered
781 Posts
I guess I could be mistaken- but I'm just not aware of any washers for the oil filter. These are small washers- not the big ole 3 inch +/- O ring? Maybe post a pic.

If you have an O ring on the floor- either the OLD O ring separated from the filter housing when you removed it, or the new oil filter came apart? Obviously make sure the engine surface is 100% free of any old O ring fragments.

I think if I found my new oil filter O ring on the floor, or otherwise separated from the housing- I would be getting a replacement.

Remember to coat the new O ring with some clean oil before installing it.

The oil drain plug washer (the crush washer) is copper-y looking.

·
Registered
38 Posts
washers

The oil change kit I bought from the dealer (never again) had a metal gasket about 2.5" in dia. All I could assume since it says it's for the V92 engine, is that there is something on those bikes that need that gasket. I did get two filler plug gaskets though. Sweet! I'll change oil at about 1000mi and put Rotella T in it and get a Wix(?) oil filter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts