Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay for a little background, I just installed new pipes on my 2012 Kingpin and in the process (after a few hours of frustration) I removed the oil cooler to give myself room to swing the header around the bike which worked like a charm to get the pipes on. However after reassembling I apparently didn't get the oil lines seated all the way into the oil cooler which lead to the oil cooler puking oil onto my floor, I got the engine stopped immediately so no harm, no foul. I gingerly used some slip joint pliers to seat the oil lines onto the o-rings and it worked, I took the bike for a ride around town to test out the pipes and constantly watched for leaks and it was fine. Once done with my test ride I parked the bike and because of this wonderful Ohio weather it's been parked for a few weeks now. I started it up last night to let my buddy hear the new pipes and it started leaking from the oil cooler lines again, this was a pretty good leak too.

Now I'm assuming that I extruded, twisted, crushed or otherwise damaged the o-ring in some manner. Does anybody know what size o-ring I need as a replacement, so I can avoid a trip to the dealer? Also, I don't see any good way to really get ahold of the oil line to seat it into the oil cooler, any suggestions?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks like you will need part 10 and 11 on this diagram: Link cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts