Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using a grate or screen in front of their oil cooler? I'm looking to stop rocks from hitting it.

The more plain, the better. Not looking for a chin spoiler or anything shiny billet or whatnot.

What are you using?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
What bike.

I have a XR(Cross Roads). It comes from the factory with a plastic grill in front of the oil cooler and battery. Just mentioning that so you could actually use something made out of plastic, something like expanded metal but made out of plastic. I would take a walk around Lowes/HomeDepot and see what they have. Even some expanded metal made out of alunimum like for a screen door may be a could thing to use.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Something that covers the oil cooler and regulator including the wiring plug and also the exposed to danger brake master cylinder pipes yet still flows air would be nice.

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I use some of this for a radiator screen on my RSV.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
The screen is quite visible on my computer display for the ones I was looking at. Click the photos to enlarge them and maybe they'll show up better for you.

It does appear a couple don't have the screen in the photo or the light is hitting it wrong but if you are interested, a quick phone call could confirm they add it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts