Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody replaced that big ol fugly oil cooler with something that
looks and performs good. every time i look at thing i want to rip it off the bike. Gotta be something better out there.

·
Registered
545 Posts
This was by another rider. Do a search for it. Looks good. It is the Pro One oil cooler. Wasn't installed for benefit. Steel frame bikes have the triangular oil cooler tucked within the frame, down low. The non-steel frames have the rectangular cooler mounted in front of the frame, up high. Ground pounders are too phat to work with the stock oil cooler on the steel frames so you have to relocate the cooler. No need to relocate on the non-steel frames.

I have no clue on the specs if the Pro One is better than stock and I don't care. It adds to the unique look of the bike.

Check the Pro One site for information on performance.

http://www.pro-one.com/Oil_Coolers_s/86.htm

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply's. I did see that billet one but a little pricy for my wallet. Looking at this one but not sure it will cool good enough.

Attachments

·
13,003 Posts
Do some research Vic found out the early models had to big a cooler so they went to a smaller one. You find the year they changed I'll bet you could find one on ebay and it might just bolt right up if it comes with the lines

·
Registered
454 Posts
Thanks for the reply's. I did see that billet one but a little pricy for my wallet. Looking at this one but not sure it will cool good enough.
Installed one of those (Milwaukee twins) on my HD (FXDSE) ended up taking it off because with those bikes the high heat was an issue, but the engine would still go into "parade mode" (turning the rear cylinder into an air pump) to cool off when idling so I don't know if it would work on the Victories, but did not change any thing on my Harley.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can go on eBay like I did and get an oil cooler for a V92TC from one of the motorcycle salvage dealers! You will need to get the mounting bracket and oil lines as well but it will bolt right on! It looks much better then that huge "radiator"! The only issue you'll have is you will need to convert the oil line attachments at the engine to "AN" fittings! The early V92C and SC engines used "AN" (Army/Navy aircraft standard) fittings for the oil lines which are much better and look much nicer than the change to the automotive fittings on the later V92 Freedom engine that is installed in the V92TC. Conquest Customs makes an AN oil line conversion kit for the later Freedom engines that comes with new oil lines that will make the installation easy! You just won't need the fitting adapter out of the kit for your engine! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I decided to pass on the Milwaukee Twin one. May go with the later model Victory smaller one. speeddemon did you forget to add a link or
picture?

·
13,003 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
I knew a guy here in Colorado with a 2000 SC that he'd completely removed the oil cooler and front down tubes-as far as I know he never had any heat issues, but that was a pre-freedom engine with 6 qts of oil-the bike looked great.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I knew a guy here in Colorado with a 2000 SC that he'd completely removed the oil cooler and front down tubes-as far as I know he never had any heat issues, but that was a pre-freedom engine with 6 qts of oil-the bike looked great.
I'm on the same bike. I bet it did look sweet.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
4,973 Posts
My 92" Freedom uses 6 qts and I blocked the oil cooler now that it's getting into the upper 30s lower 40s in the morning and the temp went from 150 to 200/210 so I'm thinking for here anyway when it gets 100+ I would have a problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts