Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if I could remove my oil cooler without any problems for motor/trans. I put new exhaust on and it requires to remove cooler and by relocation cooler on left frame rail.. I don't like the look of it and would rather just remove it for good if can be done without any issues ..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'm not a pro, but there is no way I would completely remove my oil cooler. Isn't there something you can replace it with that would fit everything in? Oil is a big part of the cooling..

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Was wondering if I could remove my oil cooler without any problems for motor/trans. I put new exhaust on and it requires to remove cooler and by relocation cooler on left frame rail.. I don't like the look of it and would rather just remove it for good if can be done without any issues ..

I wouldn't, an oil coolers not about looks its there for a purpose.
Id get an exhaust that fits.
Up to you though, maybe its really cold where you live and your engine would survive high oil temps.
Plenty of aircooled bikes dont have oil coolers but start hotting up say a 750/4 or an XS650 or a z900 and what did we add?
Yeah right, oil coolers....and a Vic motor surely
Out-Grunts any of those two put together, possibly all three!
Its there for a reason not just to spoil/enhance the looks of the bike.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
I wouldn't, an oil coolers not about looks its there for a purpose.
Id get an exhaust that fits.
Up to you though, maybe its really cold where you live and your engine would survive high oil temps.
Plenty of aircooled bikes dont have oil coolers but start hotting up say a 750/4 or an XS650 or a z900 and what did we add?
Yeah right, oil coolers....and a Vic motor surely
Out-Grunts any of those two put together, possibly all three!
Its there for a reason not just to spoil/enhance the looks of the bike.
As stated, Keep the cooler...:)

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
If you need to remove the stock oil cooler, try looking at the conquest customs cooler for steel frame bikes. It looks pretty badass and should work with your choice of exhaust.

·
13,247 Posts
are you putting on the Bassani Pro Street if so no one ells has ever said they had to move oil cooler

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The oil cooler on the Vic motor is an integral part of the engine's cooling/oiling system. It's not a crankcase oil cooler. Oil travels from the crankcase to be cooled by the cooler before being fed into the heads from the top down to cool them as well. It is vital to the engine design. You wouldn't take the radiator out of your car, you shouldn't try to remove the oil cooler from your Vic.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for input I figured that was the answer just want to make sure before any hasty decisions I'd make.. Thanks again boys for all thoughts..

·
Registered
71 Posts
gunna have to spend the money on an aftermarket oil cooler. not cheap but looks cool!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts