Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a must have new item every oil change or can you reuse the washer? Do I need to buy the Victory Oil Change kit to get one or what. Over.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're available separately and they are so inexpensive why re use 'em??
I'm changing the oil now, I've got a pretty long road trip coming up and I'll be due for another change after that. So I thought, if possible to reuse the washer I'll save a trip to the dealer. I'll make sure to pick up a new one for my next oil change, next time at the dealer. Unless you know of other places to pick them up?
That's why.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm changing the oil now, I've got a pretty long road trip coming up and I'll be due for another change after that. So I thought, if possible to reuse the washer I'll save a trip to the dealer. I'll make sure to pick up a new one for my next oil change, next time at the dealer. Unless you know of other places to pick them up?
That's why.
???? you gonna ride for 5000 miles on 1 road trip ????

WOW

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got the 2010 with the older transmission. Oil changes are recommended every 2500 miles, I wish I had the 2011 trans. I usually go more like 3000-3500 on full synthetic with no issues though. My ride is going to be about 2500 miles round trip (SLC to Northern CA, down the coast and back). I'll probably rack up a thousand miles before I leave also.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've got the 2010 with the older transmission. Oil changes are recommended every 2500 miles, I wish I had the 2011 trans. I usually go more like 3000-3500 on full synthetic with no issues though. My ride is going to be about 2500 miles round trip (SLC to Northern CA, down the coast and back). I'll probably rack up a thousand miles before I leave also.
I have an 07 and change every 5000 !!!!! no problems what so ever !

cheersthumb up

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Can you get those brass rings at any store? (motorcycle shop)
The copper crush washers are available at your local automotive store. thumb up Also, as mentioned by Blueline (2nd post of this thread), they can be reused.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Crush Washer

Has anyone discovered a Part number or size to ask for?
I don't trust the high school kid at the local Autoparts store to discover the correct match? Ya I know he's an Expert, even a Long term employee of 3 Months, but I kinda prefer to ask if they have a particular size or PN. Sorry just fickel :crzy:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Has anyone discovered a Part number or size to ask for?
I don't trust the high school kid at the local Autoparts store to discover the correct match? Ya I know he's an Expert, even a Long term employee of 3 Months, but I kinda prefer to ask if they have a particular size or PN. Sorry just fickel :crzy:
How's a high school kid at a Autoparts store going to know what you want, if you don't know what you want? They are not going to have a Victory part #. How hard is it to take your bolt in and buy a washer that fits? If you have no clue, neither will they.

·
Registered
151 Posts
How's a high school kid at a Autoparts store going to know what you want, if you don't know what you want? They are not going to have a Victory part #. How hard is it to take your bolt in and buy a washer that fits? If you have no clue, neither will they.
It is a 12mm crush washer. 12mm ID x 23mm OD x 7mm thick

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wondering if anyone has had any experience (good or bad) with magnetic drain plug.
wait people DONT use magnetic drain plugs?!?!?
if you like your car or bike... you use magnetic drain plugs. Nothing like scaring the cyclinder walls, or blowing oil pick ups out because you were too cheap to spend $20 on one.

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
To anneal the washer for reuse if you get in a fix and don't have a new one, just heat it till it is red hot and dump in a cup of water. Don't melt it of course but if you are somewhere with a gas stove and can find a coat hanger to hold it with you are in business.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts