Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 High Ball. Just doing a service.

Was given the filter number 3084963 via this forum and took it to my local Polaris dealer. They said it'd superseded to 2520799 and sold me that one.

Just come to change it and noted the number on the existing Polaris filter was 2540086. It is also a good bit longer than the one I've just been sold. Comparing the two, I also noted that the circle of eight holes that surround the threaded hole are noticeably larger on the original.

Would a member here be able to clarify if the replacement I've been sold is OK to fit or should I take it back? Pain in the arse as my bike's now off the road and it's my transport to work tomorrow.

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
13,263 Posts
Go to auto parts store buy a WIX 51356 there is only about ten thousand of us running this filter. Its $ 5.99

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go to auto parts store buy a WIX 51356 there is only about ten thousand of us running this filter. Its $ 5.99
Thanks for the replies.

I live in small town New Zealand. Last week I had to visit six places before I found a sump washer. I kid you not.... I know I'd be wasting my time visiting the two auto supplies stores and asking for a WIX anything. Our Polaris dealer is mainly a John Deere dealer. My $6 filter cost me nearly $30...

Counting down the days left here. Off to Australia before too long I hope.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts