Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Oil filter question

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  so-crates 
#1 ·
I have been looking at the stainless steel re-usable oil filters such as sold by Witch Doctors. There is what seems to be the same filter on EBay for about $100. Does anybody use them as I can't seem to find any information. Just because they cost a ton doesn't convince me that they are superior. What do you guys think?

#2 ·
Man, thats a tough call...

Typically, I would warn against fleabay purchases. But, these filters appear to be well made, although it doesnt list where they are made... Part of me hesitates, as the ebay description looks as if it has been ripped straight from the Witchdoctor's website description... Witchdoctors lists how fast the oil flows through the filter, while the other doesnt. But the other lists that it filters down to 35 microns, whereas Witchdoctors doesnt mention that at all...

Id maybe call Witchdoctors and ask them what it filters down to - if they are 35microns or less, buy it off ebay!

#5 ·
Ah - I misread your question...

Yeah, Ive used them before...had one on my race bike. Worked great, never had any issues with it. Ive never used one on my Vic though...but if it works for a high powered inline 4 cylinder running at high revs, it should be fine on the Vic...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.