Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any issues with WIX oil filters on their Cross Country?
Are you using filter #51356?
I am planning on switching to Mobil 1 10W40 T4 oil after my trip and would like a premium filter to go with it.

---------------------------------------------------------------
2013 Cross Country Tour
Boardwalk Blue
Piaa 005 Driving lights

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Its what I use, I buy them in bulk. However than being said I use wix and I have used the DREADED Fram. After each I ran a sample through blackstone lab. In both cases they said the filters were doing a good job and the readings were the same. I change at 5,000 miles give or take

·
Registered
190 Posts
I ran Wix, but have switched to Amsoil. Not because of an issue with the Wix, but I can get the Amsoil filters for a good price from my local distributor so I have been running them for a couple years now. My car takes the same filter, so I order several and am good for a while.

·
13,188 Posts
If you been using Wix and its been working why would you change.
I would be more concerned about the oil you chose

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the input. I haven't made the switch from Victory oil and filters yet, but I will be now.

---------------------------------------------------------
2013 Cross Country Tour
Boardwalk Blue
Piaa 005 Driving lights

·
Super Moderator
5,038 Posts
I haven't seen or heard of a filter doing anything bad ever on cars, trucks or motorcycles just on internet sites that cut them open.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Get the Amsoil oil and filter, seriously.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Oh, no, an oil(-related) thread.

FWIW -- and it may not be worth much -- I use K&N's oil filter: see http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=KN-198 (description) and [ame]http://www.amazon.com/KN-198-Polaris-Victory-Performance-Filter/dp/B001NAP2D6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434287588&sr=8-1&keywords=k%26n+198+oil+filter[/ame] (cheaper).

I believe it's a reasonably high-quality filter, and there was a joint K&N/Victory press release when these became available a few years ago.

But the main reason I've been using these is because of the 17mm nut on the end, which makes taking them off about as easy as you can get.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Yup K&N or VIC filter, i like the "nut" on the backside also ...

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
K&P engineering. I never have to worry about buying or choosing another filter again. Plus it moves oil thru it up to 7 times faster which aids in cooling the oil as it passes thru its heat sink style billet aluminum canister ....or something like that. Built in magnet and excellent design and build quality. Only thing to not like is the price...:D

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Oh, no, an oil(-related) thread.

FWIW -- and it may not be worth much -- I use K&N's oil filter: see http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=KN-198 (description) and http://www.amazon.com/KN-198-Polaris-Victory-Performance-Filter/dp/B001NAP2D6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434287588&sr=8-1&keywords=k&n+198+oil+filter (cheaper).

I believe it's a reasonably high-quality filter, and there was a joint K&N/Victory press release when these became available a few years ago.

But the main reason I've been using these is because of the 17mm nut on the end, which makes taking them off about as easy as you can get.
I remove mine with a pair of multi-grips on the largest setting, grab it on the outer edge and turn then regrab it and turn then it's loose enough to come off by hand.
I always just tighten by hand.
Not a problem.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I use the Mobil 1 Racing 4t as well. Just pick up the filter thats made for that oil, the Mobil M1-110, works perfectly on the 106 motor.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just for the book.

I have heard that K&N has had a problem with their racing filters collapsing and reducing oil pressure. But I run napa regular filters on my Victory and Polaris never had a problem they are the same as Wix but cheaper.
Remember when you buy a better filter that means less oil flow?
And for filters made for Syn oils have never seen a problem with regular filters just hype.
Just my thoughts and experience.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts