Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good filter to use on a V92? Found K&N and Emgo on Ebay at a decent price but would like to get them local.
this will be my first oil change and the guy I got this bike from had been running Amsoil 10w40 since it was new.You all think I should stay with that or go with Polaris oil?

·
Registered
427 Posts
What's on it now? The guy was running good oil, he probably used a good filter too.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Wix makes good filters (I think they make the Vic filters) You can get the Napa gold - they are Wix and sell for around $7.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wix makes good filters (I think they make the Vic filters) You can get the Napa gold - they are Wix and sell for around $7.
Do you have the Wix and NAPA part numbers by chance

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
I picked up 3 Polaris filters at $10.00 each free shipping on Ebay.

Do some research on Rotella. Highly recommended and at $13.00 a 4 qt jug it's a killer deal. 4 qt dino 15-40 and 2 qt syn 5-40 now you have a blend. Both are approved for wet clutchs.

Let the flaming begin. ;)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
436 Posts
I picked up 3 Polaris filters at $10.00 each free shipping on Ebay.

Do some research on Rotella. Highly recommended and at $13.00 a 4 qt jug it's a killer deal. 4 qt dino 15-40 and 2 qt syn 5-40 now you have a blend. Both are approved for wet clutchs.

Let the flaming begin. ;)

Not flaming...but, the Rotella has an SM rating now - that means there are friction modifiers added - thats bad ju-ju for the wet clutch.

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
Not flaming...but, the Rotella has an SM rating now - that means there are friction modifiers added - thats bad ju-ju for the wet clutch.
Both are JASO DH-2, MA. The MA is wet clutch.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I will just stick w/the Vic oil and filter, I don't have to do any comparisons or worries about mixing or finding a specific brand or ensuring it will work w/a wet clutch or anything else.... It just has to be poured in and it is ready to go, EVERY TIME wac

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
I will just stick w/the Vic oil and filter, I don't have to do any comparisons or worries about mixing or finding a specific brand or ensuring it will work w/a wet clutch or anything else.... It just has to be poured in and it is ready to go, EVERY TIME wac
Victory dream customer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Victory dream customer.

After 40yrs of riding I have seen many mods, and I have spent $$ on things that were a complete waste of $ and some things were a great find and actually helped. BUT, I have also smart'nd up enough to believe in the old saying; "IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT" ;)
So call me what u will but I have better things to do w/my time than run around town looking for oil & filters WHEN the OEM works just as well as all the others out there, and that's a FACT!! wac

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
After 40yrs of riding I have seen many mods, and I have spent $$ on things that were a complete waste of $ and some things were a great find and actually helped. BUT, I have also smart'nd up enough to believe in the old saying; "IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT" ;)
So call me what u will but I have better things to do w/my time than run around town looking for oil & filters WHEN the OEM works just as well as all the others out there, and that's a FACT!! wac
I wasn't calling you anything. Dealers survive on customers. You choose the handy kit I don't. I run to the auto parts store. Its a 1/4 mile from the house.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it" we would all still be driving Model "T"s if that was the thinking. "If it ain't broke make it better" is the new saying. :)
That's all, we have options.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The closest Vic dealer is 40 mile from me.I can get a WIX filter and AMSOIL delivered to my door cheers

1 - 20 of 28 Posts