Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
If you had it changed by others I would have them revisit their work. I can't speak to Victory's specifically but in general there is no reason in a right side belt swap to monkey around with the pulleys enough to tweak a seal. Overtight could do it but man that would be way overtight.

John, you didn't happen to throw the original belt and have it jamb up did you?

·
Registered
403 Posts
The seal is way behind the pulley on the drive sprocket.
Thoughts:
1) A properly done belt job will not make the seal leak.
2) I've never had to replace an output seal on a Victory that just "went bad". Usually the bearing is bad and ruins the seal
3) The drive sprocket NEEDS to be cleaned and retorqued every 20K. otherwise it can lead to....
4) I have seen several 2002 models where the main output bearing went bad or walks out of the block. Bad design, bad luck, bad mechanic making the belt too tight? Dunno, but it can happen.

Sooo, me thinks your main output shaft bearing is going bad. If that is the case you're looking at a $1000-2000 repair bill. I only say this because I've seen several over the years - last one was literally 3 weeks ago.......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had to replace the belt after a leak in my brake resevoir, which sits right above the belt. After thinking about it, I probably got brake fluid on the seal behind the sprocket.

·
Registered
355 Posts
When u get this fixed is it under extended warranty? My bike is in the shop right now for a oil leak. I have the 5 year polaristar warranty but I'm worried they will try not to cover the repair. Anyone have any experience dealing with the polaristar warranty? Any advice would be helpful thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts