Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Happy owner here of a 2012 Cross Roads Classic LE. Love the bike, but I seem to have a oil leak which I think is coming from the filter. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
clean it up, run the bike and see where the drips form. might be an irregularity in the gasket on the filter, some dirt or debris trapped between the mating surfaces, or a hole in the filter. I imagine it's probably just in the filter, which you can fix for $8 and 4 oz of oil.

·
12,983 Posts
Hello All,

Happy owner here of a 2012 Cross Roads Classic LE. Love the bike, but I seem to have a oil leak which I think is coming from the filter. Has anyone else had a similar issue?
You don't say where you live.

Whip every thing off with some cold cloth towels. With a flash light look around and see if the oil is coming from up front and blowing back. Now check your blow by hose and see if its leaking out of there and running down.
If your sure its the filter go to auto parts store and pick up a Wix 51356 for $5.99 pull filter whip gasket surface real good put a little oil on the new filter seal put on hand tight.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice guys,

I will have to take a closer look at it. I first noticed it at my last oil change, but its still doing it now on the second oil change. this makes me think its not the filter. could be coming from else where and blowing back.

I live in Canada, Ontario close to Barrie.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I hand tightened my oil filter and it had a slight leak at the gasket. I used a wrench and tightened it a lil tighter and no more leak. At the 10k service I saw the mechanic also tighten it up a lil bit with the wrench.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts