Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Looks like a leaky shock to me.
Theres another thread elsewhere about leaking shocks on these bikes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yep, just had that done. Shock will run $580 from Vic, plus whatever installation is. Thank goodness for that extended warranty! Just paid for itself with me...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the extended warranty and they told me it only covers the powertrain. Mine is a 2011. Powertrain coverage is till Dec 2015.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Yep, just had that done. Shock will run $580 from Vic, plus whatever installation is. Thank goodness for that extended warranty! Just paid for itself with me...
WOW you got lucky! That's the first I have heard of the ESP being used on anything. Especially on a modded bike!

@OP On a shock that has a history of leaking, there is no way I would replace it with OEM for $600. I would look at Penske, or maybe air ride. I have a small bit or oil on the boot and haven't messed with it. VicBaggers is working on a bag-over system (fluid filled shock with an air bag over it, rather than a spring, that will give on the go adjustments. The Penske is track proven to give great ride and handling, but not easy adjustments.

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Every month there is another thread about leaking shock's

Pffffffff sorry to hear mate .... Hmmmm
Agree please consider another shock then stock Vic ?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have looked all over for an after market shock for my XR. Mine is still fine after 30 K, but sooner or later I'll need to replace it. Any input from the crew?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just bought a 12 XR LE with 700 miles on it. Got it home, unloaded off trailer, next morning a tiny puddle under bike...ended up being the shock!

I bought a brand new take off of ebay from guy that does conversions, and he had surplus off shocks....got it for 200ish BRAND NEW. I put it on myself! wasnt to bad....there is a video on witchdoctors that will help!

I have a thread around here too on it!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just bought a 12 XR LE with 700 miles on it. Got it home, unloaded off trailer, next morning a tiny puddle under bike...ended up being the shock!

I bought a brand new take off of ebay from guy that does conversions, and he had surplus off shocks....got it for 200ish BRAND NEW. I put it on myself! wasnt to bad....there is a video on witchdoctors that will help!

I have a thread around here too on it!
That witchdoctor video. Is that the one replacing the lowering link? And do you have the website or the name of the guy on eBay who sells a replacement shock? Other then an air ride suspension i can't find anything aftermarket either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts