Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 36,000 miles on my Vision and was cleaning my bike to get ready for the new season, when I got to the motor I noticed a oil smuge on the rear right side of the cylinder. After looking carefully the smuge is on the fin and appears to be wet inside at the cylinder weeping out to collect dirt. This spot is about 3 or 4 fins down from the top of the cylinder head gasket. Took to the local dealer. After looking I was told that one problem Victory motors had was on the cylinder studs on the cam side was a leak through the nut and washer into the cavity of the stud. That cavity filling with oil and weeping out the side of the cylinder.

The fix is to remove valve cover cover and replace the nut with an acorn nut to keep oil from getting into the cavity.

This is not from a head gasket. The leak is 3,4,5 fins down for the head gasket.

I have not seen any posting about oil leaking from the cam side of the motor.

Buster

·
13,087 Posts
I have read very little about our motors leaking. What I have read was heads that were not casted right and oil would weep out of the pours.
Try to find Kevienx here at this web site and fire him of a email and see what he can tell you.
Good luck.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Waiting to see how many guys run out to the garage now and post findings.
Where its leaking might not be so visual to most people, unless they get in close to look.

extended warrenty looking possible for me with this...:ltr:

·
Registered
352 Posts
I had this happen on my last Vic. There was porosity in the casting, and it finally broke through at about the same spot you're describing. Its just a small hole through to the oil jacket. My dealer at the time just drilled the spot to a clean hole and used some jb weld in the hole.... never leaked again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts