Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes it has oil!

Now that we have that out of the way. Last Sunday was out on a ride and got caught in the rain which ended up as 6 inches of snow and ice by the time it was over.

The problem bike 2013 xct run great after a few minutes in the wet light rain the oil light faintly glows. Once dry the light is out. Being a former pilot I trust gauges and wan tto trucst the oil low light.

Any Ideas besides don't ride in the rain?

Cheers

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Yes it has oil!

Now that we have that out of the way. Last Sunday was out on a ride and got caught in the rain which ended up as 6 inches of snow and ice by the time it was over.

The problem bike 2013 xct run great after a few minutes in the wet light rain the oil light faintly glows. Once dry the light is out. Being a former pilot I trust gauges and wan tto trucst the oil low light.

Any Ideas besides don't ride in the rain?

Cheers
The oil pressure sensor switch has a vent hole - a dab of silicone on it will fix the problem.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CR,
Thanks for the reply, She is up on the lift now, I will look into that.

$299.00 for HF table lift makes cleaning the bike a dream and maintenance that much easier.

Cheers

PS, Going to join in on the trip this summer, looking at 11-27 July.

·
13,031 Posts
so you know auto parts store sells same switch. If I remember right they have a 1/8" pipe tread.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is my second lift, first was quite substantial and robust never had an issue with that one (Not HF model)....

This one is a little shaky, I need to build in some support for the front for the adapted mount. I think after that the table will be more stable. As to relying on the hydraulic to lock the lift up with $20,000 worth of bike on it, My rule is to ease the lift to the locking bar and let the locking bar support the lift.

Thanks for the heads up I will keep an eye on it when raised. One thing I like is the removable lowering lever, no accidental lowering with it removed.

Cheers

·
Registered
139 Posts
The oil pressure sensor switch has a vent hole - a dab of silicone on it will fix the problem.
I would fill it full of dieelectric grease first, i would think its made to vent for a reason. atleast with grease you arent sealing it tight but water still wont be able to intrude

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes, without the vent hole, the oil pressure switch's apparent setpoint will vary with atmospheric pressure.

Probably about the best you could do would be to have a shield over it, so any water would have a torturous path to get inside, just ensure the shield does not trap water.

In off road applications, J- tubes, or elongated vent tubes that allow venting from higher protected areas work well. For this, you might have to make a slip over rubber shield (old spark plug boot?) that had a tube coming off a hole in the side.

Or simply locating the hole on the most protected area when you install it. Do not put it on top unless you are sure no rain can drip into it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Since its glowing lightly (Ive seen it so I know what were talking about) Id just dismiss it.

If it comes on to indicate an error it will be noticeably brighter.....you will notice it Im sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts