Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '13 XCT with about 2600 mls. When I switch off the motor and then turn the key off, the oil pressure indicator stays on for about 10 - 15 seconds. I know this sounds strange, but it has be doing this since around 500 miles. They tell me this can't happen because when you turn the key off it cuts the power, but it happens. However, it doesn't happen all the time.
Has anyone else experienced this issue?

·
13,040 Posts
if you pull oil switch you'll see a hole in it. When the bike is running oil will go up the hole and put out the light. When there is no oil then the light stays on.
Pull switch and shot some cab cleaner up it or take it to auto store and get new one for around 5 bucks.
If there is a rubber boot on oil switch take it off it will trap water and mud.
Should be a simple fix

·
Registered
112 Posts
mine has always done that but I would say for not more than 3-5 seconds after the key is turned off.

steviej

·
Registered
636 Posts
mine does too intermitantly... my 2011 never did that

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Now i have to go check it out ....:confused:

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I noticed it exactly one time on my XCT but that doesn't mean it hasn't done it since

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
70 Posts
2011 CC here. My oil light will stay on only if I kill the engine with the handlebar switch, leaving the key on briefly. Shut the key off and the light stays on for a few seconds. If I kill the engine with the key, it never happens.

·
Registered
784 Posts
My 12 does it. ABS light does strange things too. The only Vic tech I can find, and he is weak, says they do it. As long as they don't stay on running or off. Owners manual says they both stay on for a bit, ABS until under way isn't cause for alarm.
Nothing seems broke so why lose sleep over it. BTW, there has been plenty of electrical problems with mine, but these seem wide spread and a harmless quirk.

YMMV

·
Registered
112 Posts
2011 CC here. My oil light will stay on only if I kill the engine with the handlebar switch, leaving the key on briefly. Shut the key off and the light stays on for a few seconds. If I kill the engine with the key, it never happens.
That is exactly how I shut mine off and as stated previously in this thread, my light stays on a short bit. I will try with key only tomorrow.
Got me curious too.

steviej

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
My 2012 CCT works exactly the same, has since day one. No problem as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I get it from time to time. Knowing its just a quirk of sorts and there's no issue really I'm good with it. Now..if it came on when I was at 75 mph THAT would certainly get my attention!:p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts