Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok not had my Vegas for long but saw something today and I dont know if this has always been like this or have I a problem.

When I turn the ignition key on, the oil pressure light comes on, thats fine its supposed to, but it doesnt go off till I start the engine, now when I saw that a couple of times today I immediately though thats weird, I thought when you turned the ignition key on the light came on for a few seconds and then turned off before you started the bike.

Or am I being paranoid?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The light probably don't go out because you don't have any oil pressure until the motor is running.

·
Registered
470 Posts
yeah it has to be running to make pressure to turn the light off. if it just turned off automatically it would be useless.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Scot,

You're probably use to an oil level light on a lot of other bikes, like my V Star 1300. They would go on briefly and then go out as long as there is enough oil in the pan. Personally I prefer the pressure light. The engine could be topped off with oil, but with no pressure you're going to seize the engine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a 2011 Cross Roads which does not have that feature, so when I went to demo a 2013 bike turned it on and no oil pressure light came on I just about had a fit. I can't demo this bike no oil pressure, the rep told me its all good no worries.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Kingpin's light doesn't turn on at all, not even for a second, is this a problem? The engine light turns on and then goes out which I'm assuming is normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts