Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I knows there's an Oil forum on the home page but does anyone have tips on what type to use and what type to stay away from as far as oil for a Vegas 8ball? I have an 07 with just under 3,000 miles on it. I had a cycle shop change the oil for me last month when I bought it and I'm getting a lot of slippage... Not sure what they used but I remember it was a syn blend. This is my first bike and I plan on doing the oil changes myself from now on. Any tips on oil would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
clutch slippage.

A couple of things. Did you or whoever changed the oil the last time overfill the engine with oil? Also do you have any free play in the clutch lever? If the engine is overfull it can cause clutch slippage because more of the clutch disc are covered in oil than recommended. If there is no free play in the clutch lever it is just like you riding around with the clutch lever pulled in partially with your hand,thus causing clutch slippage.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input, I'm thinking maybe the guy over filled the oil because he told me he was surprised at how much oil the bike took. I think I'll just stick to doing it myself from now on. As far as oil goes, I think I'll try out Amsoil this time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts