Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After completing my ride to Fort Lauderdale earlier this summer I decided I am changing the oil to 20/50 full synthetic.

My question: Victory spec calls for JASO-MA. The motorcycle oils I am seeing have specs of JASO-MA-2. Is there any reason not to use an oil that is "MA-2" vs. "MA"

My thought is that it is only a newer blend of the oil and should have no adverse affects.

Any comments would be appreciated.

thanks

Gary

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
JASO-MA2 is superior in some way to JASO-MA but I can't recall. It was posted recently in another oil thread. Both are fine for Vics. MA means it OK for wet clutches like ours. Seeing as you are in NJ, where you might want to ride in colder weather, why not consider Rotella-T6 full syn for easier start ups with its 5W base? That's the route many here, including myself have gone.
Seeings as you are Jersey Boy, click on this....https://www.youtube.com/embed/X_jNT3vJai0?rel=0

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
From what I've seen, JASO-MA2 is the same as JASO-MA with the exception that it's safe for catalytic converters.

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
From what I've seen, JASO-MA2 is the same as JASO-MA with the exception that it's safe for catalytic converters.
That's it.

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Thanks Broggy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts