Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is everybody staying with victory oil and filters or does anybody have a cross reference for any other filters thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,940 Posts
There is 27 days 16 hours 34 minutes worth of reading on the subject. Go to the oil and lube section of the forum and make yourself crazy. :D

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Check out and lube the oil forum here.
Do a search of it an you will get volumes of information.

·
Super Moderator
4,940 Posts
Click here and dive right in. There is no right answer to your question it's ALL up to you.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Please , no more oil talk ....:(:D

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
There is 27 days 16 hours 34 minutes worth of reading on the subject. Go to the oil and lube section of the forum and make yourself crazy. :D
I aint never seeen anything like dat be for, huh...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I use only the

EXTRA Virgin

....for my Italian motorcycles.....

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
ain't nothing like a good oil discussion...

one is better than the other

one shears more or less than the other

one is real synthetic while the others say so but it ain't

one can go 10K and the others every 2K

my bike is like a new bike when I put this in there it purrs like a kitty

wow! Gas mileage is better with this one

always do exactly what Victory says do, use their oil kit only

diesel oil is the way to go

check the oil often... even if you don't leak cause it could evaporate

send specimens off to the lab for analysis or you're cooked

the more you pay the better

wac

·
Super Moderator
4,940 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,940 Posts
Suffering from in no particular order: cabin fever, at or below zero temps, wind, snow, blowing snow, piled snow, etc., etc., etc... I'll be better in a couple of months as this is a temporary condition.

I can't imagine at all but it'll be over soon.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Is Virgin Sperm Whale Oil available?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Is Virgin Sperm Whale Oil available?
It's only available now in synthetic because of the Endangered Species Act.
The synthetic is produced by grinding plastic Sperm Whales made from long chain polymers into pulp and pressing it through cheesecloth. It's then triple refined, blessed, then packaged and sold for use in both Victory motorcycles and interstellar hyperdrives.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
destonof2
Don't take any of this personal, everyone is just bored:D

·
Registered
742 Posts
destonof2
Don't take any of this personal, everyone is just bored:D
Right. In all seriousness, there are numerous "oil" threads contained herein. If you are so inclined to dive in and have at it. Lots of members use the Vic 20/50. Others use semi-synth. Some swear by the full synth oil. Many have sent used oil samples (including myself) to independent labs for analysis to see/reassure/affirm their bikes' internals are doing well given the owner's choice of oil.

That being said, I use a combination of Rotella T and Rotella T-6 w/a Mobil 1 filter.

Let the debate continue as it is one for the ages and will never be resolved...;)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
It's only available now in synthetic because of the Endangered Species Act.
The synthetic is produced by grinding plastic Sperm Whales made from long chain polymers into pulp and pressing it through cheesecloth. It's then triple refined, blessed, then packaged and sold for use in both Victory motorcycles and interstellar hyperdrives.
:ltr::ltr::ltr:....Genius !

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Right. In all seriousness, there are numerous "oil" threads contained herein. If you are so inclined to dive in and have at it. Lots of members use the Vic 20/50. Others use semi-synth. Some swear by the full synth oil. Many have sent used oil samples (including myself) to independent labs for analysis to see/reassure/affirm their bikes' internals are doing well given the owner's choice of oil.

That being said, I use a combination of Rotella T and Rotella T-6 w/a Mobil 1 filter.

Let the debate continue as it is one for the ages and will never be resolved...;)
Father in law came up with a good one this morning as I was reading my Blackstone instructions for my mail in sample.

He said with the most serious face...." Why don't you put some of this bacon grease in there and see if they send back a reply on how your Hog is running"........Bwaah ha ha ......:ltr:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts