1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Oh No, not another oil thread?

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
I use Rotella T6.Walmart. Good, cheapl. I buy fram filters.
Rotella T6 = excellent choice. Great protection at a reasonable price.
Fram Filters = cheap and easy path to a short engine life. Go with Wix and/or NAPA gold. There are others, see past oil threads for more info on filters.
Always replace the crush washer when doing an oil change. thumb up

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Look down near the bottom of the forum. There is a whole section devoted to nothing but oil threads.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Rotella T6 = excellent choice. Great protection at a reasonable price.
Fram Filters = cheap and easy path to a short engine life. Go with Wix and/or NAPA gold. There are others, see past oil threads for more info on filters.
Always replace the crush washer when doing an oil change. thumb up
I agree, cheap is not the way to go on oil. This does a lot for you engine, trany, and clutch. It is important to get the right type for your clutch. JASA only oil.. Wix filters...thumb up

·
12,984 Posts
Which oil is everyone using for a 2009 victory vegas. Is it cheaper to buy everything online or from a dealer? What websites are you using?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Please go to the top of the page and click on forum scroll to bottom and read all 102 posts thumb up

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
I agree, cheap is not the way to go on oil. This does a lot for you engine, trany, and clutch. It is important to get the right type for your clutch. JASA only oil.. Wix filters...thumb up
Rotella T6 is JASO-MA rated and also has a very heavy additive package as it is for use in Diesels which require more protection than gas engines. I use it in my 4 wheelers too as oils intended for cars now have a diluted additive package that does little to protect an engine if you intend to keep that vehicle for a long time.:mad:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
hockey dude, have you not looked around the forum enough yet to know NOT to ask which oil to use? :ltr: You'll get reamed.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I always go for overkill when it comes to oil. If a bike is air cooled, I choose Amsoil synthetic. Yes it is expensive and not necessary, but the true advantage of synthetic is heat protection. In the water cooled Hondas I owned it was a different story, but air cooled engines get all the protection I can give it.

I also use Witchdoctors stainless steel reusable mesh filters which allow more oil flow.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Synthetic and Wet Clutch

I choose Amxxx synthetic. Yes it is expensive and not necessary, but the true advantage of synthetic is heat protection.

I have heard do not use a full synthetic oil in a wet clutch. I like Lloydz comment in tech tips. [email protected] - Tech Help and Engine Builds

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
I have heard do not use a full synthetic oil in a wet clutch. I like Lloydz comment in tech tips. [email protected] - Tech Help and Engine Builds
Syn oil works just fine with wet clutches if it is JASO-MA or JASO-MA2 rated. thumb upthumb up

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Man, nothing I like better than coming home at night from a hard day in the salt mines, kickin back in my Barcolounger and reading the daily oil thread.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Man, nothing I like better than coming home at night from a hard day in the salt mines, kickin back in my Barcolounger and reading the daily oil thread.
Hey Pop, we old timers have to do due diligence and get these young 'uns set out on the right course. There are a lot of the Devil's deciples out there trying to lead them astray with erroneous information and sundry wive's tales about motor oils. thumb upcheers

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
Buy the most expensive you can find and change it every 1500 miles . :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Buy the most expensive you can find and change it every 1500 miles . :rolleyes:
That's an interesting comment coming from you. Was that an April Fool joke? :crzy::rolleyes::):p

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
That's an interesting comment coming from you. Was that an April Fool joke? :crzy::rolleyes::):p
Maybe :D. Not that I've gone into detail with analysis to back things up. Not that I have done the legwork and expense that could just be read for info. Heck what fun is any vehicle forum without endless redundant oil questions.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts