Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this is a sad story but looks like I have to give up my bike to the bank due to a divorce. But this was what I was thinking and want your guys opinion if you think its ok. the bike is valued the same no matter what I put on it.
What i want to do is sell many of the accessaries I put on it to other kingpin guys with the need for them to trade me the stock part in return.

I.E. I have ness grips so give me some cask and your stock grips and so on.

Is this ok? alot of my things were put on when I bought it so dealer kept stock part.

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
so this is a sad story but looks like I have to give up my bike to the bank due to a divorce. But this was what I was thinking and want your guys opinion if you think its ok. the bike is valued the same no matter what I put on it.
What i want to do is sell many of the accessaries I put on it to other kingpin guys with the need for them to trade me the stock part in return.

Is this ok? alot of my things were put on when I bought it so dealer kept stock part.
Sounds like a good deal. Too bad I cannot use your parts. Do you have anything that would fit my '11 XR?

·
Registered
123 Posts

That's potentially a money maker for you, but it's potentially a good deal of work depending on what you have to replace. Your bike is definitely worth more with the upgrades then it is with stock hardware though. Is it going to your wife or something? If you have to sell it as part of the divorce you should still be able to shop it around to someone who values the accessories.

You really need to list everything that's extra on the bike that you'd be willing to change out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well

I will list everything soon, the short version is chpy 13 requires a surrender of the bike, so giving it up with stock grips etc rather then ness diamond cut grips for example is a win for my pocket and another rider. cant sell bike outright has to be turned in. Hope that makes sense.
That's potentially a money maker for you, but it's potentially a good deal of work depending on what you have to replace. Your bike is definitely worth more with the upgrades then it is with stock hardware though. Is it going to your wife or something? If you have to sell it as part of the divorce you should still be able to shop it around to someone who values the accessories.

You really need to list everything that's extra on the bike that you'd be willing to change out.

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
I will list everything soon, the short version is chpy 13 requires a surrender of the bike, so giving it up with stock grips etc rather then ness diamond cut grips for example is a win for my pocket and another rider. cant sell bike outright has to be turned in. Hope that makes sense.
What if the engine gets stolen tonight? :D Then you surrender whatever you have left of the bike.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Can't you actually sell it BEFORE declaring bankruptcy for what you owe on it? Or do you owe more than it's worth? That way it would be a "wash" to the funding institution and there would be less damage than listing it on a chap 13, right? Or, have you already declared?

PS - I am not a lawyer and have never played one on TV nor have I ever been in your position.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I would check with your closest dealer to see if they have any take offs someone else left behind that you could buy cheap. At least you could get a few things changed and sell the good stuff after the dust settles.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the deal

I am two years in on the chpt 13 and kept bike. Owe 7G's on it but if I surrender it I can get about $250.00 off my payment a month that along with the wife surrendering her car and using the car we bought for 15 year old will save me about 700.00 a month going out. This helps me keep the house without getting a second job.
My bike makes me the happiest man on earth when I am on it. In tucson AZ that is a lot of the time.
Bottom line is though its not a must have. and in 2.8 years I can get a new one, just hard to let go of your very first ride!!!
Thats why I wanted to let someone else have the parts so at least I know the bank didnt benefit.
So if your in the area very soon and want to swap out parts from your stock KP call me!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well

Its official next month the kingpin gets surrendered to the bank,
I will be soooo sad but in 3 years I will get another one.

Also found a local guy who has a pin so I am giving him all my chrome/aftermarket parts and taking his stock parts. He is a happy camper, close to a$800.00 worth of free stuff.
Better a rider then the bank get it!!!

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Went through the divorce thing years ago, never remarried. Shacked up for twenty years and still going. Sorry about your loss, but on the flip side once you get back on your feet. You can buy what you want ..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts