Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get it fixed? The wife and I have been looking and untill tonight we couldnt find anything.It is not as easy as finding a car collision shop. The couple I have found are 1. not so close in Mass. 2. seem to specialize in Harleys.I am going to call the dealer where I bought the bike and see what they say.I didnt think it would be this difficult.I would preferr a Victory repair shop if they are not going to total it I want to make sure its done right. It is pretty fustrating.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
You can also try Shark Cycle in Stafford Springs CT. Bunch of great folks there.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
So I'm guessing the insurance company didn't total it then. That's a plus. Lots of skin on a Vision. I figure that kind of stuff adds up quick (especially at Victory OE body parts prices). Still, miserable as Hurricane treats riders, slow bangs tend to not mung up the hard parts as much.

If you can get it up on a table soon your riding season might not be over after all. Leaf peeping may yet be on the agenda.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys. If my dealer has nothing I will follow up with your suggestions.The ins adj should be out here by Tuesday.I know they probably have thier own shops they deal with but I think Id rather research my own my own first.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I would recommend MOM's in Foxborough MA, right next to Gillette stadium. I have been in there many times and it is the Taj Mahal of Victory dealers. They have had literally every part or accessory I have ever asked for , and their service dept. is incredible. Its actually like walking into a HD super store , only Victory, and the staff have been nothing less then stellar. Good luck with your repair. You can call them @ 508-543-1734

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well a bit of good news today . Momsouth where I bought my bike will do the work. The Ins adjuster came todat should find out what he thinks in a few.So now I just have to get it down there and get the real damage story.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Well a bit of good news today . Momsouth where I bought my bike will do the work. The Ins adjuster came todat should find out what he thinks in a few.So now I just have to get it down there and get the real damage story.
That's good news, MOM's will treat you right!thumb up

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well found out today i have 6000.00 in damage according to the ins adjuster.I know Moms will find more.If they dont I'll be shocked.The dude who looked at it had no idea what he was looking at. I had to give him Moms number because he called me and said he couldnt find nothing on this kind of motorcycle. I wanted to choke him. I know they are still kinda new and people still ask who makes that and what not but they are pickin up steam. I am seeing alot more of them now a days.So its off to Moms hopefully by fri.Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I had my bike taken to Planet Powersports.
And I took my arm to the same Doctors that serve the Notre Dame football team

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
8 Ball , I hope all is going well.....

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well bike was picked up at 11:30 its about a 45 min ride from my house to Moms.At 2:30 got the call she flatlined.... ins adj had 6000.00 in damage Moms had it 14000.00..Pretty discouraging.Part of me wanted it fixable but the other part was worried about it being right again afterward.SOB.. Time to start saving again I guess. Thanks to all for any help and advice you gave me. Nice bunch of fellow riders on this forum.I will pop in from time to time to see whats goin on.Ride safe everyone..

·
Registered
102 Posts
at 14,000 the insurance company will total a 2008. You need to have MOM contact the adjuster and work out the gritty details between the two adjustments.

Thankfully I've never had to make an insurance claim on a bike.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It would have only taken about 8000.00 to total it anyway. Im hoping moms give a complete break down of what was wrong with it.Damn motor still premo on that thing. had 1800 on it when i got it 4200+ at time of accident..the more I dwell on it the more pissed I get.Life goes on. I will have have another Vision..This I know for sure.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Sorry to hear this Spanknut , good luck with whatever you do.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry to hear this Spanknut , good luck with whatever you do.
If Im able to get anotherone Ill look you up. Allways looking for riding buddies.

·
13,235 Posts
If Im able to get anotherone Ill look you up. Allways looking for riding buddies.
There are plent of good low mileage visions out there you can find one I'm sure.

Here you can check out all of craigslist all over the USA

http://www.adhuntr.com/

1 - 20 of 21 Posts