Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to put a Kingpin front fender on my Hammer S. The reason with being any crap or water thrown up by the front tyre won't spray up onto the Oil cooler or front of the engine.

Now since I'm a fair weather rider... yeah yeah :ltr: There's not much change of water being sprayed up in the first place.

Anyway I did it regardless.

So the below picture isn't the finished colour and I also suspect it needs some red pin striping to tie it into the rest of the bike.

Anyway I've love to hear you opinions, be they good or bad on the styling.

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
You've prolly heard this before, but all that matters is if you like it.......

What do you think of it?

·
Registered
227 Posts
:I agree: It's your bike. As long as you are happy with it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Unless you are a poseur that is. :D

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
In my opinion well your Hammers got a more modern business-like looking back end,
and kingpin fender throws back to another era.
Honestly I think itd better suit the styling of my Vegas,
And I do ride in the rain.
Please PM me if it doesnt grow on you.

·
Premium Member
4,873 Posts
I like it. In thinking about it/visualizing it I didn't figure it would look good, but once I saw the picture, I changed my mind.

Maybe a Jackpot ass-end?

With the shorty Hammer fender I'm sure you got lots of crap flung up on the engine from the front wheel. Lots of people are not exactly fans of the Kingpin fenders, but they do work nicely to protect the bike... which is what fenders are for.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Looks great, and a touch of red will make it even better.

And if you love it, that's what counts! :D

D.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Me no like, but who cares what I think anyway. Some red to break up the fender would help. To each his own. It looks real big.cheers

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Obviously you can shorten the bottom of it if you wanted to as well.

Want the number of where I got my front fender (which is a XC fender) painted and shortened?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Obviously you can shorten the bottom of it if you wanted to as well.

Want the number of where I got my front fender (which is a XC fender) painted and shortened?
Hey Kris, that would be great thanks. I need a good referenced painter.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Nope. The look isn't for me. It's too deep and protrudes too far from the front tire without a balance on the rear. It looks a bit disjointed to me. A less massive fender tighter to the wheel and going below center on the trailing edge would suit my eyes better. Even the Boardwalk or Magnum looks too bulky against a wide open naked rear end. I'm thinking more of a slimmer longer version of what the Hammer came with just extended further both on the top and the bottom. For visual balance, something more like this example I saw on xchoppers.com . As others have said though, we all have personal preference. If we all wanted the same and the best available we'd all be on Kingpins.

http://xchoppers.com/images/Sumf20-2101-2---Fury-Long-s.jpg

Another from Conquest Customs. See the balance?

http://www.conquestcustoms.com/images/bd5.jpg

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I'm not feeling it either (sorry man), no offence. I've seen the CC fender on a Hammer and seems to match the bike a bit better. Again its your bike do whatever you think looks good...

·
Registered
352 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Ya ...... ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
In my opinion, it looks a little big and doesn't seem to flow well. Just my 1/2 cents! But like many others have stated, "to each his own". The fact that it's a Victory is all that REALLY matters!

Enjoy your ride and be safe...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts