Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
What i would like to clear up... is,

what are all the differences between the Victory models !!!!!

LETS GO !:rolleyes:
Are you serious?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
They come in many styles, models, and years. Within the model years for each model they came with different paint colors, wheels, tires and engines.

No single person owns all the models in all the colors with all the options but I'm sure that one person (one with too much time, is in jail or is bedridden) has cataloged all of them on a website. You may be able to Wikipedia your question.

Ask a silly question, get a silly answer...

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
sure, why not... just to see what people know....

i mean it is kinda confusing with all the 8balls, hammers.. Vegas, jackpot and on and on..
So what is different in between all of them, which parts fit where and so on ! ;)

:D
You will get a list of differences between just two different models, or even the same model of two different years.
Ask a silly question, get a silly answer...
Yes, indeed. :D

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
From 2005 and forward it's fairly basic, isn't it? Starting with the tubular frames the Vegas is a good starting place. Add bags and you get the Kingpin. Leave the bags off and widen the rear tire and you have a Jackpot. Add chrome to certain places and you get the "Premium" models. Strip any options off and paint all those parts black instead of chrome and you have an 8-ball version.

Next comes the "frame" bikes which include the cross and the vision. Nothing on them and you have a Cross Roads. Add hard bags, front fairing and stereo and you have the Cross Country. Strip everything off and replace the more "traditional" fuel tank with a newfangled wrap around the front forks fuel tank and then wrap the entire bike in a plastic skin modeled off the '70s Jetson's cartoon and you have the Vision.

As far as the power plant goes, just copy H-D and bump up the cc's about once every three years. Keep it interesting in the off-years by offering upgrades to the tranny (from 5 to 6 speed & different gearing)..

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Seems like a fair question to me... I was curious myself... but... I have what is considered a "vintage" 2005 so my bike would not even make the list :)
It's a fair question, but if someone were to answer it, they would end up writing a book. A book nobody would read.

Who in the right mind would care about colors ???

I AM TALKING HARDWARE !!!!!!

tires, swing arms, engines.. transmissions...come on !!!

ITS INTERESTING !!!!!

So pls, think out of the box !

Just curious. :D
Your answer is all over the forum. Search and you shall find it. ;)

·
Registered
579 Posts
If we cant discuss all models, lets just narrow it down to engines.

I read somewhere the 106 in the touring bikes uses a different cam than the 106 in the cruisers. I think I read the performance bikes like the Hammer use a more aggressive cam. I could be wrong or the article I was reading could have been full of BS.

I do know HD makes different motors even though they the same 103 displacement. Some are dry sump, some are wet sump and some are counterbalanced. I know the motor I had in my Ultra was not counterbalanced and after riding the XC, when I had to ride the Ultra down to trade in on a truck, I felt like I was riding a paint shaker. :ltr:

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I don't know about everybody else but I keep posting to show how easy it is to get the information.

I also noticed while looking up all these (and reading all of them) that using a search (including searching this forum) has sideaffects. The first one is that you learn a lot; how many people knew that Al Unser was part of the introduction of Victory? The second one is that if you are going to sit for long enough to get through all these you better have good circulation (don't try it on the throne). The third one is that I'm leaving late for work...

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
If we cant discuss all models, lets just narrow it down to engines.

I read somewhere the 106 in the touring bikes uses a different cam than the 106 in the cruisers. I think I read the performance bikes like the Hammer use a more aggressive cam. I could be wrong or the article I was reading could have been full of BS.

I do know HD makes different motors even though they the same 103 displacement. Some are dry sump, some are wet sump and some are counterbalanced. I know the motor I had in my Ultra was not counterbalanced and after riding the XC, when I had to ride the Ultra down to trade in on a truck, I felt like I was riding a paint shaker. :ltr:
I don't believe that is accurate as the specs for ALL 106 Victory-factory produced engines are all the same. If the HP/Torque ratings are all the same, the cams are also likely to be identical.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I don't believe that is accurate as the specs for ALL 106 Victory-factory produced engines are all the same. If the HP/Torque ratings are all the same, the cams are also likely to be identical.
Actually the 106's do have different cam packages.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Leaving late isn't as big of a deal as you think; as long I get my hours in I make my own shifts.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jason, its because i confuse myself all the time between the different models that are very very similar..

8ball, Vegas, Vegas Low, Jackpot and thats why i thought i am not the only one.
I read a lot of threads here ( incl. mine ) from people that actually want to bolt parts from model A on to model B and its sometimes hard to figure out what really works.
So i think its good info anybody can get from a thread like this ( again incl. myself )

+ i think its kinda fun to read what some people write on here ! :D

I am by no means a VIC guy for long, a Vegas was kinda given to me and i build custom bikes ( yes... HD typ ) so its interesting to find out what works and what dont...what fits and what doesent ! thumb up

1 - 20 of 21 Posts