Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For whatever reason it seems like it takes me way more time than it should to get the bags back on whenever I take them off. Is there some sort of secret or shortcut to this? I get pissed every time I have to take them off because of getting them back on.

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
For whatever reason it seems like it takes me way more time than it should to get the bags back on whenever I take them off. Is there some sort of secret or shortcut to this? I get pissed every time I have to take them off because of getting them back on.
Practice cheers

·
Registered
372 Posts
As you set the bag back onto the pipe, watch two things... Make sure the pins are in line with the holes in the bracket and ensure that the bag's bottom U-shaped piece fits correctly over the rubber isolator on the pipe. You obviously can't actually see that last one but you can tell from the height of the pins whether you're there.

Rob

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ditto !!!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
As you set the bag back onto the pipe, watch two things... Make sure the pins are in line with the holes in the bracket and ensure that the bag's bottom U-shaped piece fits correctly over the rubber isolator on the pipe. You obviously can't actually see that last one but you can tell from the height of the pins whether you're there.

Rob
All of this plus one other thing. I've found that if you install the front retaining pin first the rear pin still goes into it's location with ease. When I install the rear pin first the front pin never wants to slide into it's location easily and I have to mess with it.

Basically I make sure the bottom of the bag is located in place on the exhaust bracket, put the front pin through the bag and rotate it up into place while lining up the front pin with the front hole. I lock the front pin into place and the rear usually slides into place rather easily. If I install the rear pin first the front never installs easily.

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
More practice. The voice of experience speaking.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
The bags are not a problem for me but the right side cover is the one that is a pain in the **s to get back on. I switch between solo and 2-up quite a bit and found with my HID light that I need proper pressure when riding at night (before I just left it at 40 psi all the time) or I blind people. Need to look into that hose extension thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts