Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In early October 2018, I purchased a 2012 Victory Hammer 8-Ball with only 5,300 miles on it. The bike is in far better condition than I expected of a 7-year-old bike and I have loved the time I have gotten to ride it thus far between Oklahoma's temperamental winter months.

The bike came with Victory Performance Swept pipes and a K&N Victory Performance Air Filter, Victory leather-covered saddlebags with quick disconnect brackets, and a Victory/Drag Specialties 2-up seat upgrade (backrest says 'Victory' but I have not seen a factory part number for this seat).

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
I can see your pictures, it is a nice bike indeed

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found that the issue is the photos do not show up on my Google Chrome browser for some reason...

After getting a good feel for the bike, It was time for some aesthetic modifications; not because the Hammer isn't a great looking bike already, but because I have a severe problem leaving anything alone haha (picture of my truck in the background above for evidence).

I am big on LED conversions for everything, including every single light in my home (even in the oven and vent hood), so that is where I started on the bike as well. In the process of redoing the rearward facing lights on the bike, I also cut and tucked the license plate carrier to reveal more of the rear tire and clean up the bike's rear profile (see below). Rear LEDs are red on tail lights, amber on turn signal (will be changing to red on brake rather than tail light for better braking contrast and visibility. Front LEDs are amber strips on turn signals.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More recently, I have made a handful of additional aesthetic, rider position, and performance upgrades:
12" Mini Ape Handlebars
VicBaggers Knurled Bar Ends
VicBaggers Cheese Wedges
VictoryOnly Ignition Relocation (does NOT require the additional $35 wiring harness that is non-returnable if anyone is wondering)
Modified Key (bottle topper from a bottle of Elijah Craig)
New Shift Fork (shimmed with a washer to remove play)
Lloydz VFC-III Fuel Controller
Lloydz Quarter Turn Throttle Ring
Debadged
VicPuck Kickstand Pad

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once the incessant cold wet weather set in, I tore down the bike for a little maintenance, a few mods, and a color change. I pulled apart the main wiring harness and removed all of the extra wires for amenities my bike does not have and that I am not interested in adding. This got rid of unused connectors in the headlight bucket as well as under the seat and streamlined the harness itself. Doing this gave me room to add LED headlight bulbs to the housing. I also cut the rear wiring harness off at the subframe at the base of the seat where I am wiring in a weatherproof connector so that in the future I can unbolt the rear fender and unplug the harness and remove it all with ease.

Metzeler ME880s Tires and 3M 1080-G31 Gloss Storm Gray vinyl about to go on.

All visible bolts are in the process of being switched for black hardware.

I really enjoy working on this machine and the only two real complaints I have are that the handlebar riser bolts are on the bottom making them difficult to access and the taillight should not have been stuck on with 3m tape making it virtually impossible to remove without chipping off the tip highest on the fender.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some progress photos of the wrap. So far I have wrapped:
Primary & Derby Covers
Side Covers
Wedges
Belt Cover
Gauge Bezel, Bucket and Both Sides of Bracket
Fork Tube Caps and Center Cap
Headlight Bucket Top
Taillight Surround
Front Fender (Not Yet Installed)

Still to do:
Fuel Tank
Rear Fender

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got the wrap buttoned up and the bike all back together. I can't wait to be back on it riding instead of next to it wrenching, I just need some cooperative weather now!

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
Super good looking mate

Andre using TaPaTaLk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts