Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I've been riding bikes for the last 35 years, mostly Harleys. I have entire wardrobes of HD shirts, pants, jackets, etc. Two years ago, I met someone at Rolling Thunder in Wash. D.C. with a CCT. I was instantly bitten by the Victory bug. I have test ridden several and after 2 years of soul searching and ball busting from my friends. I am ready to take the plunge. I have even purchased several Victory accessories including a tour pack that sits on the trunk of the CCT. Now, if I can only decide on a color I'll be golden. I should be riding a new Vic in a few short weeks.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Hi all! I've been riding bikes for the last 35 years, mostly Harleys. I have entire wardrobes of HD shirts, pants, jackets, etc. Two years ago, I met someone at Rolling Thunder in Wash. D.C. with a CCT. I was instantly bitten by the Victory bug. I have test ridden several and after 2 years of soul searching and ball busting from my friends. I am ready to take the plunge. I have even purchased several Victory accessories including a tour pack that sits on the trunk of the CCT. Now, if I can only decide on a color I'll be golden. I should be riding a new Vic in a few short weeks.
Welcome Ogre! Post once more and then you'll be able to show off your bike to the forum. There's a wealth of knowledge and expertise on this forum, so do not be afraid to ask questions! The search bar is your friend :)
Again, welcome!

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Ogre, there's a lot not to like about Victorys and I will list them for you as a warning.......
+ Chances are excellent you will never get to know the techs in the shop. Total strangers back there.
+ If you know which end of the screwdriver is the handle, you can do all your own maintenance. No challenge here.
+ With very little maintenance needed and no repairs, you will spend a lot of money on gas.
+ Only one drain plug! What's with that?!?
+ Changing the oil filter doesn't slobber oil over the front of the engine - no fun in that.
+ You won't know where to place your feet - too much leg room.
+ Engine mods are too cheap and produce too much power.
+ Your H-D buddies will be jealous cuz they know you have the better bike.
+ Have to decide what to do with all those H-D clothes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife is planning on making a quilt out of my old Harley shirts. I will probably throw it over the Vic to keep it warm in the garage.

Christian "Ogre" Petermann Sr.
Gloucester, NJ
Chapter President
National Secretary
(856)371-1489
[email protected]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
My wife is planning on making a quilt out of my old Harley shirts. I will probably throw it over the Vic to keep it warm in the garage.
Ha ha ha...I love it! :)

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I wear scrubs to work over a t-shirt......guess where all my HD t's get worn? ;)

After being off HD's for a few years, test riding the 2016 demo fleet earlier this season and a 2017 M8 Road Glide yesterday.......It would be very difficult to go back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wear scrubs to work over a t-shirt......guess where all my HD t's get worn? ;)

After being off HD's for a few years, test riding the 2016 demo fleet earlier this season and a 2017 M8 Road Glide yesterday.......It would be very difficult to go back.

Do you find yourself wearing them inside out now?! Lol

Gloucester, NJ
Chapter President
National Secretary
(856)371-1489
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Do you find yourself wearing them inside out now?! Lol
Not that....but being a guy :rolleyes: I don't always think about what I'm wearing......been out riding many times on the Vic with my HD shirt lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Harley makes some very nice.............Shirts

Oh, I agree! I have some from all over the world. I am actually planning on keeping my current Harley as a bar hopper.

Gloucester, NJ
Chapter President
National Secretary
(856)371-1489
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
Oh, I agree! I have some from all over the world. I am actually planning on keeping my current Harley as a bar hopper.

Gloucester, NJ
Chapter President
National Secretary
(856)371-1489
[email protected]
Cool bike!

Shouldn't a barhopper have a much smaller tank?

·
12,970 Posts
To stop and think about the thousand of dollars you have in Tee shirts you would be a fool not to get your money's worth out of them. Wear them why not.
Victory has really cool black Tee shirts with a red V on them. Very clever design

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
It depends on how far the bar is!

Gloucester, NJ
Chapter President
National Secretary
ROUGHNECKS MC
[email protected]
The further , the better !cheers