Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I don't really know what to tell you except that I'm an old fart that has been riding since I was 16 (less of course the mid years of my life in which I was raising a family and had no money to spend on bikes and the such). I began riding again a few years ago and just upgraded to a Victory XCT.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Hi folks, I don't really know what to tell you except that I'm an old fart that has been riding since I was 16 (less of course the mid years of my life in which I was raising a family and had no money to spend on bikes and the such). I began riding again a few years ago and just upgraded to a Victory XCT.
Never too old to ride and glad to have you! Post once more and all forum features will be available! :grin

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums and congrats on the XCT!

Plus 1 on the never too old to ride. Old farts may have to take more breaks (for some of them it may be to adjust their adult diapers) but they can still ride!!

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Welcome to Victory forums from Florida! I hope you enjoy the XCT as much as I did! BTW...you can join our resident old fart @RICZ!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
Welkom to the nicest site around.... Ride safe... And keep on posting

Andre
TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Welcome Old Fart from the soggy Pacific Northwet. Where are you? I started riding at age 13 back in 1949 on a neighbor's Doodle Bug - the real one. First owned bike was a Simplex Servi-Cycle when I was 16 in 1952. So far, I'm the Old Fart King here, are you taking my crown away? You're welcome to it and I welcome someone who has been around longer than me.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Welcome Old Fart from the soggy Pacific Northwet. Where are you? I started riding at age 13 back in 1949 on a neighbor's Doodle Bug - the real one. First owned bike was a Simplex Servi-Cycle when I was 16 in 1952. So far, I'm the Old Fart King here, are you taking my crown away? You're welcome to it and I welcome someone who has been around longer than me.

Certainly can't take your Crown away but this was my First Bike actually purchased by me with my own Cash in 1970, Age 21 ..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
Certainly can't take your Crown away but this was my First Bike actually purchased by me with my own Cash in 1970, Age 21 ..[/QUOTE Iron Head Spotstster right side shift.

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Certainly can't take your Crown away but this was my First Bike actually purchased by me with my own Cash in 1970, Age 21 ..
Ah, the Swinging Seventies. I remember them well. Almost as good as being a teen in the 50s, before pantyhose was invented and girls wore skirts and cars did not have consoles. :devil

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hey DwayneS, where are you from and how old are you really? You've already met RICZ, so if you aren't over 80 we may have to change your name to 'semi-old-fart'. I'm a semi young fart at 62, but a fart all the same. :) Welcome and RIDE ON!

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts

·
Registered
12,217 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,970 Posts

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Oh thank you VJ. I guess the ol' memory is failing me.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I too am in the Pacific Northwest, but the drier part. I currently live in Pasco but have lived in the area for 42 years and in all three of the Tri-Cities.

However It's hard to call what we've experienced this winter "dry". We had over 2 feet of snow and it's raining right now!

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not really that old

Hey DwayneS, where are you from and how old are you really? You've already met RICZ, so if you aren't over 80 we may have to change your name to 'semi-old-fart'. I'm a semi young fart at 62, but a fart all the same. :) Welcome and RIDE ON!
I guess I'll have to admit that I only qualify as semi-old at 68.

I live in Pasco, WA and am on my 4th bike in the past 7 years. I got the bug "again" when I saw a used Yamaha V-Star 650 at the local dealer for next to nothing. I graduated up to a 1100 V-Star three years later and rode it for the next three years. Last summer, after making a three day trip on the Yamaha I decided that it just wasn't that comfortable. So I again graduated up to a 2012 Cross Country and loved it. However, this January, when Polaris announced they were dropping the Victory I bought a 2016 XCT. I wanted a really good bike that I could ride for years to come. So far I've put two, yes 2, miles on it. Really crappy weather so far but it looks like we are over the worst of it.

The wife and I are planning several longer trips this summer including Glacier National Park, Crater Lake and possibly the Grand Canyon.

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Pasco....an Indian word for land of the dust eaters when the big wind blows. :)

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Only 60 here, so I guess that makes me semi-semi old fart? :nanana:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts